1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Characters was extremely important to the party of morality, until Trump. But still, character isn't an issue for me, unless it's the other side. This is today GOP. The party that lack moral and ethics and would sleep with the devil to keep a D out of power.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I agree with this.

The problem is, Doug Jones supports the murder of unborn children, up until the moment of birth. And he would support policies to that effect. Righteous people of good character are quite capable of doing harm in pursuit of bad policy.

As lesser of two evils dilemmas go, it's not a simple choice.

I have a problem bestowing power to people in general. This is simply a matter of the least bad of two bad choices.

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

You can't molest them if they ain't born, amirite?

Anticope and No Worries like this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your justification in voting for bad people is dangerous. Today you may vote for a child molester. Tomorrow you may vote for a serial killer. It's not even a slippery slope situation anymore because you are already well on the way down that slope. Not only is it dangerous, but your logic is also very shortsighted and limited. You can't see the long-term consequences of what you're doing and the hidden harm that electing corrupt, immoral, and unethical leaders can afflict on society. Under-the-table deals, bribery, ulterior motives, lying to the public etc are all fair game to the people you have no problem electing.

I stand by my comment, you are the problem.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This is the republican position in a nutshell... no matter what the person has done, as long as they have the R next to their name on the ballot, you support him/her. Child rape? Treason? Doesn't matter, as long as the policy outcomes are the ones you want.

CometsWin, Deckard and R0ckets03 like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

"To be clear, I fully support a woman's freedom to choose to what happens to her own body. That is an intensely, intensely personal decision that only she, in consultation with her god, her doctor, her partner or family, that's her choice. Having said that, the law for decades has been that late-term procedures are generally restricted except in the case of medical necessity. That's what I support. I don't see any changes in that." -- Doug Jones, monster, crusader against "righteous people of good character"

Deckard, pirc1, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

A child rapist is never the least bad of two choices... especially when your judgement criteria is "the other is a Democrat"

8. NewRoxFan

9. Buck Turgidson

Those last 2 paragraphs....

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"intensely personal decision" is a focus grouped phrase, but it's not true; there's a second person involved, who doesn't get any say in the decision to end their life

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Your truth isn't an accepted true. You know people don't agree there is a 2nd person. But clearly you do.

I think we all agree that teens count as people. Being sexually abused isn't a choice, but clearly that doesn't matter to you.

13. NewRoxFan

So this explains why the Trump supporters here are now showing support for the child rapist... Trump have his support, so they are now free to...

14. NewRoxFan

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Love me some Evan McMullin.

Hope he stays active and vocal and keeps running for office.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The monsters in the GOP and the hypocritical shortsighted voters won't vote for him.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Policy outcomes desired seems to be increasingly dominated by trolling the snowflake libtards and nonwhites more so than any good faith about the policy.

Basically as the means rot, the ends they are used to justify also decay.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol how is this the first time this gets brought up?

Rashmon and No Worries like this.
  19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Now that's sticking by her man, Hillary's got nothing on Mrs. Moore. Can she be compelled to testify at a senate hearing? LOL.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's symbolic football.

If we're all mostly alike as Americans, then it's safe to say most of us are playing a side of the same coin.

Just pay attention to who is doing the actual flipping because it's not the little guy, the good or the bad. Plenty of groups that profit off our dissent and division.

In the olden days (my days!), scandal like this would wilt a candidate because local money, support and funding would dry up. Now with unlimited monies from who knows where and God knows what, these shady figures will remain behind and stay to become political sock puppets to the highest bidder. Money as speech ftw.

mdrowe00 likes this.