1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

"What about" deflections aren't debate, they're trolling.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Trump Warns That Dumping Roy Moore Could Start Dangerous Trend of Believing Women

By Andy Borowitz12:05 P.M.
    [​IMG]
    Photograph by Joe Raedle / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Breaking his silence on Alabama’s embattled Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate, Donald Trump warned on Wednesday that dumping Roy Moore could start a “dangerous trend” of believing women.

“I think we need to be very, very careful here,” Trump told reporters. “This is not just about Roy Moore. This is about our country deciding that we are going to start believing women, something that we have never done before.

“This is a very dangerous road we’re heading down,” he said.

Trump cautioned that, if instituted, a new practice of believing women would “totally destroy” the system that the country already has in place. “For years we’ve had a system of believing men,” he said. “It’s worked very well. It’s done a great job.”

He said that he was considering a number of measures to stem the tide of women’s credibility, including an executive order banning women from giving believable accounts to the press. “That’s something we’re looking into,” he indicated.

Trump painted a doomsday scenario of what might happen if the “very bad trend” of believing women gained traction in the country. “If people believe Roy Moore’s five accusers, what happens to a man who has, say, about twenty accusers?” he asked. “I don’t like where this is going.”

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can be snarky with the sarcastic fake Con posts, but this is neither fake nor snarky.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ith-moore-say-people-close-to-breitbart-chief

Bannon is in Japan and returns this week. One source who has spoken with him in the past 24 hours said he remains unequivocally in Moore’s corner.

“The locusts in the fake news media at swamp newspapers who do the bidding of the political establishment and failed Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell are 100 percent incorrect in stating that Stephen K. Bannon is abandoning Judge Roy Moore,” the source said. “That’s 100 percent false.”​

4. TheresTheDagger

I'm sure you think so. Doesn't make you right.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The running count is now 8 girls/women ...

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I bet that is not the last one to step forward, but Moore will win anyway, that is Alabama.

da_juice likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

I think it's decent Mitch and GOP leaders are saying they won't accept him. I like to think they'll live up to the threat, but neither party follows through unless the gavel starts banging.

8. No Worries

There is zero chance that Mitch does anything if Moore gets elected.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Quite a bind for those shitkickers. Would that make Moore another bannonite eroding away the GOP establishment?

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. And he probably shouldn't do anything. If the Alabama electorate, knowing full well these accusations, choose to elect him anyway then they did not find them to be disqualifying. They are over 50% cool with him being their representative. To say the decision of AL voters isn't good enough would be undemocratic. Only if new information came to light after the election that was significantly different, more grave, or more credible would the Senate really have any business second-guessing an election.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For bunyon, who wants armageddon literally, the worse Moore is as a human and still getting elected, the better. He'd probably like to fill Congress with psychotic murderers if he could. Not even kidding. Whatever helps dissolve our government and start world war III with dark peoples. Just read his writing on the apocalypse to come.

da_juice likes this.
  12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think United States deserves Trump and Moore at this time, this is what the country is at this moment of time, not every part of course, but a very large segment of the country is like that.

B-Bob and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Absolutely. I think a large segment of the population are learning that elections indeed have consequences. In a way, this is good for democracy if it motivates people to go the polls in the future.

Ps. My prediction is that dems easily take the House back in 2018.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

It's an inflection point as people in power does not correlate proportionately with demographics. It never has, but the "majority" will continue to become a minority as the years pass by.

Trumpists essentially want a model like post-apartheid South Africa. They already think this is becoming a third world nation.

The long con to this is permanent corporate taxes and other grab bag for multinationalist corporations that even the much loathed neoliberal would love.

15. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]
    You’re telling me

16. No Worries

Make it 9.

17. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Saying "what about" something other than the topic being discussed is a deflection. If you don't understand this simple fact, it can only be the result of willful ignorance or total delusion.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

When push comes to shove, the republicans will support the child rapist be cause he is one of them...

20. TheresTheDagger

That would be true if I did that.

The problem with your statement is, I didn't. Others accused me of this, and I responded....but that's on them not me.

To the contrary, I called out Moore days ago with zero qualifiers.