1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 21, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dak is incredible. TD or not, just wow!

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gotta love the TD celebration on that run. Hand it to the offensive lineman and let them spike it. Every RB should do that at least once in their NFL career.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This game did not look like it was going to end this way at the beginning.. I like Dak, I still want him to fail spectacularly. If Watson didn't show so much promise last Sunday, I would be really jealous right now.

4. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Cowboys should just continue to draft Demarcuses in the draft.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Bruce Arians giving BOB a run for his money in clock management.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Good game, Cowboys! This felt more like it. The slow start made it look like we were getting dominated again but not this time. We answered.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

We answered with tough defense and good playcalling. Hopefully Linehan found his groove this game. Play action is a beautiful thing on first down when everyone thinks you will run.

And the zone read is a highly effective play when used occasionally.

BigMaloe and RocketWalta like this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Cowboys offense has struggled against tough physical teams such as the Broncos and even the Cardinals tonight in the first half.

After watching the beatdown the Redskins put on the Raiders, I would pick them to manhandle the Cowboys and come out on top of the division. Even the Eagles and Giants have strong front-7s to present a formidable challenge in the division games.

I can easily see the Cowboys going 8-8.

Their non-division schedule is even more brutal with Rams, Packers, Chiefs, Falcons, Raiders, Seahawks.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Huh?

Lol...

This is my biggest knock. We have such a dominating run game, it's like we are stubborn and run into 8-9 man boxes.

We need more creativity early on. As the game went on and we started switching things up a bit and it really opened up the run and the entire offense.

The past 2 weeks we came out on the first possession and went run-run. I get trying to stick to strengths and get the run game going but defenses are literally gameplanning all week on stopping the run on 1st and 2nd.

Our offense is half of our defense. It cannot survive being on the field all game. We have to control the game clock to keep players fresh. Look how gassed Demarcus was at the end. But if we are so predictable and keep getting 3 and outted early on it won't end well.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member