1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley having #1 Rebounding Year EVER for player 6'1" or shorter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 2, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ridiculously overfed IMO

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You are the one that decided to include 6'2 players. Avery Bradley is listed at 6'2 and he is averaging 6.6 rebounds per game. That would place him 2nd on your table that extended to include 6'2 players such as Jerry West.

It doesn't matter what MPG each player plays, as the table specifically states "PER GAME", and not "PER 100 min.", etc etc.

I don't know why you would say Bev is the statistical rebounder "by far"? That's ridiculous. The most you can say is they are about even, The fact that you completely left him out of the table indicates the table is not trustworthy.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, whenever you show stats for leaders, you filter by those who qualify for the leaderboard. Avery Bradley does not qualify for the leaderboard. I posted several places in my OP that these are leaderboard stats.

Do you see Avery Bradley on this list:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avgRebounds/count/41

I did not attempt to leave Bradley out. That's how you do the search. You click "Filter by Qualifying" and his name did not come up.

So, as of now, my list is accurate. Beverley is #4 in last 50 years for 6'2 or below, because Bradley is not on pace to qualify for leaders. He might never make the leaderboard. He is cutting it very close.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  4. CallMeTheDream

Bradley has been injured like half the year he doesn't qualify lol

heypartner likes this.
  5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Beverly is our Draymond Green and he is still improving which is amazing.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

What's uncanny about Bev is he has a little Moses in him. Mo studied shooters and angles, Bev seems to know where to be and then gets there faster than anyone else.

Killatron 2000, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  7. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Wolverine!

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bev is one of the best instinctive rebounders I've ever seen, regardless of size. You can't teach what he has, in my opinion. James has a dose of that, himself, but Beverley has it in spades. He's a wild man on the boards.

9. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Wow he is 6 1". Sometimes with his hustle and defense I imagine he was at least 6 3"-6 4". Truly is playing above his weight/size class. Pure heart.

D-rock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Easy, @FTW Rockets FTW, @roslolian, @vator, @DrNuegebauer , @Haymitch , @Mr. Clutch @SamFisher and all the boxing out crew

Beverley says it's due to Anderson and Capela boxing out. lulz

"You got to give our big men credit, Clint (Capela) and Ryan (Anderson) and all those guys," Beverley said. "They're battling with Blake and DeAndre, keeping them off the boards. I just come in and scoop it up."
    See, we could use DMo!

Os Trigonum, D-rock, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If houston tries their best to grab rebounds likes vs clippers, they can beat all the teams for sure. No loophole for houston, just get more rebounds. Give more time for Beverley to play, if there is no trade or transactions for center. Rebounds can help us to beat Spurs

#71 elmotsangtt, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  12. dragonz

dragonz Member

Long rebounds, man. All these 3s.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he lowkey adds elements to his game every year. dude was pretty young but because he looks so old we thought he wouldn't improve much.

he has looked like a man on a mission after the trade deadline. i think it really meant a lot to him that teams such as the cavs wanted him and the rockets said no.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Thread worthy!

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Without doubt Bev would lead the NBA in rebounds per game if DMo played here. Just like he always did in the past.

Fact is true.

Os Trigonum, Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

avery bradley at 6-2 is averaging 6.7 rpg.. it looks like midgets are stepping up

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Big men throughout the league are getting memos to mimic DMo's boxing out skill so that midgets can grab rebounds like never before.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

When Bev signed his extension we all wondered if he was worth it. Stats wise he just doesn't compare to the scoring and assists of this PG uber talented era. But he is probably the best non rookie value contract in the league. He reminds me of Mario Elie just all heart 3 and D and do all the little things to win.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Terry Rozier would look sweet backing up Bev for the Rockets. Boston has more quality guards than they do minutes.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, Bev is the PG version of Elie the Junkyard Dog.