1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fan says Rockets aren't contenders.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivid, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Rockets fans say Mavs aren't contenders.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we are really on the same level with the past champions SA and Cavs, that alone is a fact to be flipping out about.

I think we are close to SA and Cavs if we really play to our best and minimize all our mistakes.

But a Houston team on a normal and poor day of shooting, one tier below.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

First off **** their fans and the team they claim,
    H-tine when we ride, come equipped with game
    They claim to have some players, and Dirk has a nice wife
    We bust on Cuban's Boys, ninjas ****ed for life,
    Plus Barnes trying to see us, weak hearts We rip,
    Wesley Mathews and Derron Williams some mark-ass b****es
    We keep on coming while we running, **** the twos
    Steady gunning, keep on busting at them fools

You know the rules

Lil' Curry go ask your Brother how we'll leave you
    Cut your young ass up, leave you in pieces, now beat ya feet
    Little Mejri, don't **** around with real G's
    Quick to snatch your ugly ass off the streets
    So **** peace!
    We'll let them ninjas know it's on for life
    Don't let the H-tine ride tonight haha
    Weak Mavs murdered ain't got not skills
    **** with the H and get your caps peeled...
    you know

--------
    See, grab your Jocks when you see the Rock-ets
    All you do is flop when you see the Rock-ets , oh
    Who shot, all you punks do is miss
    Now you about to feel the wrath of a menace
    Ninjas, We hit 'em up!

#83 xtruroyaltyx, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Pen15clubber and FLASH21 like this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk, seems like the Mavs fan maybe just a little jealous because our team resides among the elite and theirs doesn't.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

Who gives a flying F&$? what Mavs fans think, and vice versa they shouldn't care what Rockets fans think.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Woah woah woah slow down debbie downer. Houston probably wont win the chip (only 1 out of 30 teams do every year obviously) but to think they will most likely lose to pels grizz or jazz is very pessimistic. Maybe I believe in Harden more than you do.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get having faith in James Harden, but that faith isn't going to make the matchups any better. The Rockets have the worst defensive starting PF in the league and that's not going to change and they are relying entirely on an old guy and an inexperienced guy at the 5....neither of which can really be counted on.

I just don't think Harden can do it himself, especially when he's not going to be able to get to the basket very well against teams with really good players at the 4 and 5.

8. Daddy Long Legs

I would bet $ on a playoff series against jazz/grizz/pels. Yeah harden won't win the championship probably but if he finds himself in a playoff series against any of those teams I would gladly take you up on a tip jar bet.

9. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

Anderson has a better defensive rating than Wilson Chandler and Luol Deng... two defensive "stoppers". He also has a higher defensive rating than Gallinari.

...and just for effect, Anderson has a higher offensive rating than Harden, is tied with Lebron, and is significantly higher than Love, Antetokounmpo and Blake Griffin.

So, who would you replace him with?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of replacing him, there's not a way of doing that anyway, it's about knowing the type of team the Rockets have. Anderson's offense usually makes up for how absolutely awful he is defensively so long as he's hitting 3's, but he'll always be a liability in games against really good PF's. It's just how it is. That's why those matchups will be difficult.

11. Daddy Long Legs

so was that a yes or no on taking me up on a tip jar bet if we meet the grizz/pels/jazz in the playoffs. I will so gladly put my money where my mouth is in that scenario

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lets wait till after the trade deadline to have those talks. I'm confident that Morey will do what he can to make the team better and if he can then it could change things.

justtxyank and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Good call. Im just playing around but its just hard for me to trust pels/jazz/grizz over a 40-18 team. I get where you are coming from though. It is concerning to see them lose to the heat before the all star break.

I just think in a playoff series THIS YEAR harden can shine so much more than anyone the grizz/jazz/pels have.

If he wins MVP than I doubt he follows that up by losing to a middle of the pack/lower tier western conference team. Im of the mindset that it will have to be warriors or spurs to take is out.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol we're not contenders...we're playing for playoff revenue for Les and a hopefully competitive 2nd round series before being swept and embarrassed (again) in the WCF if we even get out of the 2nd which I doubt unless the bracket lines up nicely for us. Just wait to come around clutchfans after the playoffs when everyone realizes MDA is only a good regular season coach. Les got exactly what he wanted. A fun regular season team that sells out tickets and you're all eating it up by 8pm.

16. dragonz

dragonz Member

Source: Rockets Fans say Mavs are not a NBA team, they are just a YMCA Wannabe.

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Hes not wrong.

18. Vivid

Vivid Member

[​IMG]

I was trying to do right by Rockets fans and rep Harden. They were pretty set on Westbrook being MVP and I believe I made a decent argument in favor of the Beard. Lets add another solid piece and see what happens in the playoffs. I have a feeling the Spurs vs. Rockets in the playoffs will be one of those legendary series where every game is decided by less than 5 points.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this should give folks a lift while we wait for Carmelo news

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member