1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs fan says Rockets aren't contenders.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivid, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Codman the Coc*tease.

What did Robert Redford's Bob Woodward say to Hal Holbrook's W. Mark Felt "Garage Freak" Deep Throat?

"Listen, I'm tired of your chickens*** games. I need to know what you know."

;)

I'm guessing "some of your heart" would be Trevor Ariza or Pat Beverly (more likely the former). I hate to mess with chemistry. But we will need to improve at some point if we want to overcome San Antonio and (yikes!) Golden State.

Plowman likes this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Are you talking about the 1994 finals? Both the Rockets and the Knicks were the #2 seed that season. As far as I know, that is the only year the Rockets played the Knicks in the finals. The Knicks made the finals in 1999 as the 8th seed, but they played the Spurs, not the Rockets. The Spurs were the #1 seed that year.

Edit: I see this was covered long before I got to it.

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

only playoffs can find out.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I wouldn't say we're in the elite category with GSW and Cavs, but we're certainly are in the next tier of 'very good' along with the Spurs and Raptors, and and could be considered contenders.

5. hahachui

hahachui Member

Lol. Who will listen their opinions?

"Okay. Mavs is contender" :)

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not bad, not that bad. I think Raptors are still a game changing player away from making loud noise.

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

Ariza is an important piece to our rotation. He plays big minutes, guards that best opposing wings, and hits the three. We are playing so well together right now, it really needs to be a big home run type move to make it worth considering. It just seems like a small move that brings in a defensive big would solve a need without potentially messing with our chemistry.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Would not support any trade that packaged Bev and Ariza

9. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

I was thinking the same thing when I read "Mavs fan"

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They have been really good defensively especially in December. You absolutely have to have a top 10 defense to be a contender, we are 15 now, they need to prove that they can consistently defend and get that number into the top 10.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  11. dragonz

dragonz Member

I just get a glance of the standing, and I don't see Mavs anywhere, so why should I care about their fans sayings?

Mavs fans are staying under the bottom of the mud with their low class team now, how could they imagine what is it look like above here?

12. dragonz

dragonz Member

Oh, my apology, I actually find Mavs on the standing now, but I have to scroll down so hard it broke my mouse...

13. Vivid

Vivid Member

So I brought on this same Mavericks fan plus a hardcore Spurs fan to debate about our respective teams success and whether Harden or Westbrook deserve the MVP (spoiler alert, I chose Harden):

#73 Vivid, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  14. Vivid

Vivid Member

Not the greatest showing for the Beard, but at least we got Splash Gordon! Also, I really wish the Rockets had Porzingod on our team.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i can attest to this. i had to scroll so low to find their standing that i ended up in the dark web.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol most of the mavs fans i meet here in austin are cool. They are humble and know how hard it is to win.

Spurs fans that I meet here are unbearable. They are condescending and elitist. The ones that I know here act like they inherently know a lot more about basketball than you because their team has won more.

They are kinda like lakers fans used to be. They need a couple of losing seasons to get a bit more humble.

I think the houston/dallas hate is overblown.

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I will file this under news that never changes, such as earthquakes in California.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

When it comes to knowing who is or is not a contender, the Mavs fans should be experts by now.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Honestly I think GS is the only contender this year.

Then group B which is cavs SA and Hou.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't think the Rockets are contenders this year either. They are still fun to watch and are doing a lot better than anyone thought they would, so it's not a bad thing.

I mean, sure the Rockets will likely get beat in the playoffs by any team that has a quality front court like the Pels, Spurs, Grizlies, or Jazz.....but can't we just enjoy a fun regular season?