1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you want the Rockets to do in regards to Donatas Motiejunas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 6, 2016.

?

What do you want the Rockets to do in regards to Donatas Motiejunas?

1. Hold him hostage and fine him until he plays.

81.2%
  2. Release him/renounce his rights

9.6%
  3. Make him RFA again

9.2%
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Too much distraction if we handle it that way. By doing nothing in reaction to this, we will still be bending backwards. He has sent a clear message that he doesn't want to play for us. This is almost as if a player under an under-valued contract not playing until we waive him so he can play elsewhere. Since he doesn't want to play for us, just cut him like a cancer. I don't want him around in the locker room like ever.

2. opticon

opticon Member

I WAS a big fan of Dmo. I want rockets to hold him hostage so other restricted free agents know you can't jerk the rockets around.

If we let him out of this scott free future players will try and do the same thing.

kevtse and Remlap like this.
  3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

If he wants to stay, make him drive on 610 by the Galleria at 5:00 pm both ways and then up 290 to the Beltway and then back to Toyota center to sign the paperwork.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fans LOVE DMO. What he is doing now is MUCH worse than what Chandler Parsons did. This is purely out of spite. The people who voted that option don't want DMO to play for the Rockets anymore they want him to be punished.

5. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Rockets should just sit and let DMo #BeWell

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

How about a little of THIS?

[​IMG]

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Voted the 1st option, not because I want him as a Rocket, but now because I don't want him playing anywhere else in the NBA EVER again.
    Someone please call Trump and deport his ass back to eastern Europe.

J.R. likes this.
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Wow, the hate is strong here! Feel the power of the dark side!

It's a business action. There isn't any reason to have any 'feelings' about it one way or the other...we aren't even involved in the transaction.

RocketFire and waytookrzy079 like this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

A legit business decision is to weigh offers during the off-season. It's the timing and the way they are handling. I have never seen something like this. This is a new low.

Let's say Chandler Parsons knew his market value was much higher that what Rocket was paying him, can he hold out not playing games and forcing a waiver? Not exactly the same,but close.

10. mightybosstone

It's not about saying "F you DMo!." I look at the benefits as two-fold: First, it's about not setting a precedent that players can sign a contract and immediately bail on that contract or that they can weasel their way out of restricted free agency. If you let players walk all over you, then future players will take the same approach. Second, as a GM, you shouldn't just give up an asset for nothing. Morey has always been very good at getting value out of assets, and if he wants to get something out of DMo, the only way to do that at this point is for the guy to suit up and show he's got something left in the tank.

Now, ideally you wouldn't want DMo to mess with the team chemistry. But if he's forced to play, he'll have as much of a vested interested in his performance as the Rockets will. He may be unhappy, but if he plays like crap, the Rockets are just going to waive him on March 1, and he's not going to get anything on his next contract. If he wants to earn what he thinks he's worth, no matter what jersey he's wearing, he needs to play well when he's on the floor.

All that being said, I still would be kind of surprised if DMo ever suits up for the Rockets again. It's probably in the best interest of both parties involved for DMo to move on. The question is when and how that will happen, and whether the Rockets will get anything in return for it.

CDrex and waytookrzy079 like this.
  11. Mr. Motiejunas

D'Antoni and Dmo meeting at 6pm. Maybe we get some sort of resolution tonight.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He'll miss the entire season if he has to do that.

Williamson likes this.
  13. Exiled

Exiled Member

nothing pretty ,I could Invision him setting on Rockets bench ,smoking cigarette and getting paid

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

DMo needs to be excessively fined until that contract is nothing... that's what i want to see. All the money your getting and signed for but he wants to be petty. Dude hasn't even had one consistent year of dominance please...

15. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Force him to play, for the Vipers...

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Very small benefits if any IMHO. There are many players that would take a pay cut to play on a winning team, which I think we are right now. Doubt this will be opening a flood gate to follow such a bad example. We have never seen this before and doubt that will be another case in near future, and especially considering he is merely a marginal player on a good team, therefore not much an asset to begin with.

The downside of this ... is it kinda make us look bad in a way to play his dirty game. Second, a basketball team should focus on stuff on the court , not someone that is not going to play. Why more dramas in the coming months. What does it say to the guys at the end of the benches?

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  17. Mr. Motiejunas

They should make him RFA again. Morey would regain goodwill again around the league with players.

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

All good points - and i agree with all of the points you're making.

For me, it just comes back to chemistry and how his return could affect the team. This team is gelling pretty well, and I dont have the confidence that this team is mentally strong yet (it seems like they're on their way tho).

While you dont want to set this kind of precedents for future RFAs, this situation seemed doomed from the moment the Pistons trade was voided, so looking at the odds, I have a hard time thinking this would occur on a consistent basis.

roxallways likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

who are you? who are you..really?

dragonwill and DonKnock like this.
  20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

They should start a thread in the GARM for every hour he refuses to show up.

21. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

unlike.