1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This site isn't going downhill. People get attached to any given bench player and become overly concerned when he is traded.

In this case people became attached to Beasley because late last season he was the only player who looked like he was playing basketball.

Williamson likes this.
  2. FeaR

FeaR Member

I understand that. He was entertaining but if you read all the comments here or Houston Rockets' and Morey's twitter accounts, you would thing we lost Lebron James.

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Good think we didn't.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, with Terry and Jones gone, he was the worst defensive player on the team left and nothing he did on offense even came close to making up for that. He's basically a chucker that makes Harden look like a defensive anchor.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed. Like I said earlier in the thread, the Rockets facebook page is the same way. It's goofy.

6. Fantasma Negro

If we had Lebron, morey would trade him for Terrence Williams

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't be serious. Beasley was/is an awful basketball player, get over it. The Rockets have a superstar player, and Morey isn't trading him.

8. dmoneybangbang

It just goes to show you how incompetent our coaches ended up being with the cumulation of last year.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i have no idea what we got in Ennis, but i do know that Beasley was on a one-year deal, and that we need to continue to add young talent so we can continue building a legit contender; which we are far from being right now. If Ennis turns out to be a player, this is a great trade.

Houtho likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First off , hats off to Beasley for resurrecting his career. That said, we sold high for a 22 year old point guard who came out very early ...sleeper ace from the corner....plenty of upside...and he fills a need. A tailor made fit for MDA' s brew..
    It's already been said, but can't be emphasized enough...DM kills it with PG's.
    I defer to him.

Chamillionaire and Deckard like this.
  11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree. We didn't have our 1st round pick this year so this is our next best thing. PGs and Cs usually take a few more years to develop than other positions. The rough years were on the Buck's clock. Lets see what he can do for the Rockets now.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

With Beasley gone and no Motiejunas yet, the power forward rotation is Anderson and Harrell. I'm fine with that if Harrell can pull this kind of performance off again on a nightly basis. I want to see him play against Green again this year. I don't think Draymond liked being treated the way he treats everyone else and that makes Rokman happy! Sick 'em Harrell !!

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

whose going to take all our mid range jumpers now?

chievous minniefield likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Dekker maybe a better stretch 4 than imagined. Going to be a crowded front court and wing. However...

Harrell needs to set nasty screens and continue to finish at a very high percentage offensively. Defensively, hopefully the new defensive coordinator is thinking up of ways to use Harrell's pterodactyl- like wing span to disrupt passing lanes on the perimeter. Harrell can a unique piece if he can keep it together between the ears.

Houtho likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

James

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm sure you are half joking, but just in case ... have you seen this video of Ryan Anderson's mid-range jumper / step-back jumper.

17. Fantasma Negro

Traded Aaron Brooks, got rid of Ish Smith too early, Scott Machado over Shaun Livingston, traded Lowry, didn't give Dragic the fourth year, ridiculously overpaid Lin, and oh yeah Tywon Lawson. If Ennis is any good then he'll probably be traded before his potential is realized in a Rockets uniform

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No contest! ...I mean context.

19. Sanity2disChaos

Morey has an itchy trigger finger!!

He seems to have a now or never approach with his dealings.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brooks wasn't close to the same player after the injury...never came back....Dragic was Les's call..wanting Lin/$$$$ instead. The BS excuse about the option was just that. Kyle's deal set up getting Harden. Ty was a flyer with capspace at the end.