1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ennis ended the season well. Per Feigen, he hit 48% from the field over his final 18 games, which is when his minute count jumped significantly after the injury to MCW.

No guarantees but he has the look of someone who may have turned a corner. Still very young, so it's entirely possible he's just now piecing stuff together.

Reminds me a lot of the Rafer for Lowry trade. Good prospect buried in the depth chart for a veteran with known value but limited upside.

Deuce and zeeshan2 like this.
  2. kevtse

kevtse Member

I see potential in Ennis. But even if he has a breakout season this year or next, we are still going to let him walk away like Lowry and Dragic.

3. dmoneybangbang

Most importantly we cleared up a roster spot on front court and wing. Beasley's position and contract made him the odd man out and tradable. In return we get a pure PG who does well at PNR and has two years left on his rookie contract.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I think there should be something said for culture. MB isn't exactly known for being straight laced while TE is being called Ceberal and a hard worker.

5. dragician

dragician Member

Beas can't pass.

6. hakeemthagreat

If we traded Beasley in place of resigning DMo then it's clear to me Morey is obsessed with foreign guys over real NBA talent. Beasley is better than DMO. The only thing DMO has is he's foreign, which Morey loves. I'd rather have a player that can put up 20-25pts points than a player who's not fully developed with back problems smh

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This move will end up being completely irrelevant. All Beasley did was shoot every time he got the ball. He'll go to the Bucks, score 12-15 ppg just because he will shoot so much.

Ennis will probably get very little playing time.

We'll all completely forget about this move by the trade deadline.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow. There isn't a gm in the league that would take Beasley over even a 50% Dmo. But I guess the league just loves foreign guys.

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

By the numbers he shot much better 40/47FG% and 28/36 3pt%, he finally got a chance to get some minutes (9/20 min/game). You should know what I'm talking about but you must be jaded for some reason.

11. Chamillionaire

Great trade. Did you really think we would go into the season with Beverly and Prigs as our only PGs?

Williamson likes this.
  12. CertifiedTroll

Well, I just we could have traded someone else. I had a somewhat greedy fan-ship for Beasley. However, I hope Ennis does well here, I will root for him!

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Don't be surprised if we make more moves before the start of the season

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Boy I would like for each and every rockets player to be able to do that, only great scorers can do that. He wasn't chucking, he was taking the best shots our offense could create on average possesion.

15. Chamillionaire

Really a good addition to our team if you ask me. We need someone who doesn't turn the ball over, runs sets and pick and roll obviously with MDA.

16. Garner

Garner Member

This move feels really good.

It's incredibly surprising how much I enjoyed Beasley being on this team. Considering Morey plucked him out of China and ended up flipping him for a former 1st rounder is a pretty impressive move.

Rudy Gay is obviously could not be more available. Better than that though, his value couldn't be lower. Him coming out to say that he's not returning just crushes any leverage the kings could have held.

Beasley and Gay would have overlapped far too much. Adding PG depth and loosening up that scoring foward spot was clever.

Nice move.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

aha and how many more shots do you think those improved % really are? 10 more made shots?

So funny being called out by someone who only saw the stats and didn't even got to watch any games.
    The narrative that as soon as his playing time grew he started improving is totally false. That's why he couldn't beat Bayless , Vaughn and even drug addict Mayo. He was needed to contribute but failed to do much. Only in 2-3 games that I remember he managed to have 2-3 minutes that he scored much.
    Did he improve his defence? Did he improve his handle? His penetration? His rebounding? His vision? Nope. He just made some more shots in a couple of games. Not even consistently.And that's why him becoming an elite shooter is the only way he can stick in the league because he was a prime candidate to having his QO not being picked up.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

High usage is not a negative If your efficiency is also high.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

21 years old.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sorry I'm late to the party!

I just went through 13 pages and didn't see a single one of you mention Morey's history of evaluating point guard talent. No, he's not batting 1.000; nobody is. But he drafted Aaron Brooks. He traded for Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic - both of which were back ups he decided were under-valued. He plucked Patrick Beverley out of Russia (and say what you will about him, but Bev has proven he is an NBA quality guard). He brought in guys like Ish Smith, Jeremy Lin and Shaun Livingston for camp - and even though they didn't all stick for long they've all proven to be NBA quality back up point guards.

Sure, there have been some guys who didn't work out; Johnny Flynn and Isiaah Canaan come to mind. But Morey has had a very high rate of success in these situations. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

And besides, he brought in Beasley from China last year when nobody in the league saw value in him. It's like he bought a chance at Ennis with cash! How anyone can criticize this move is beyond me. Especially when it looked like the corpse of Pablo Prigioni was going to be getting significant minutes this year.

Rocket Addict and craguin like this.