1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about LES.

2. alethios

alethios Member

Ryan Anderson will help us forget about Beasley. We needed Beasley last year more than we need him this year. The guard position has to be shored up.

3. Fantasma Negro

Thanks for the excuses Daryl, I hope Ennis works out before he's sent to Sacramento. And I'm not sure what injury you're talking about but Brooks contributed majorly to the bulls a season ago in the playoffs

4. Fantasma Negro

Thanks for the excuses Daryl, I hope Ennis works out before he's sent to Sacramento. And I'm not sure what injury you're talking about but Brooks contributed majorly to the bulls a season ago in the playoffs

5. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

You asked how he improved after the ASB, so I gave you the stats that showed he improved his shooting. You can "feel" like he didn't get better but the stats don't lie that he shot better with more PT. I'm not saying he'll be a starter or get big minutes off the bench for the Rockets but the fact that he is young and has shown ability in PnR half court means that he could be groomed to get some minutes. The Rockets were very thin at PG. Watch all the games you want it doesn't mean he didn't statically improve his shooting which is all I said. Typical blow hard.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

"passed the ball well", do you count throwing it to basket as passing? ;)

"

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When he hurt his ankle against the Spurs.

He was never the same guy for us after that. And we moved him for Dragic....soooooo....

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just to clarify, AB didn't exactly hurt his ankle.......he was intentionally undercut by that POS manure ginobli coming down on a halfcourt heave at the halftime buzzer :mad:

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

2010 was a hustle year for me, I had like three jobs at once, I honestly never saw that injury. I'm not mad about Tyler Ennis, he has the potential to be our starting pg in the future. He's quick, can defend, a willing passer, always looks for the big man and is an underrated shooter. He and Andrew Wiggins were the top two best players in Canada. Beasley is one of my favorite players, I've been watching him play since high school and it was just fun to have him in a Rockets uniform and I feel like if it had to be Beas for Ennis it could have waited til the deadline so Beasley's value would be inflated due to the MDA offense. Its all good, I heard this was an MDA move and not Morey so I have to apologize to Morey, MDA wanted his Canadian point guard and he got him

#309 Fantasma Negro, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was a fan of beasley since he joined us last season, but even a month ago i was wondering if he'd ever get off the bench with MDA as coach. so i'm glad we at least got a decent prospect in return for him now. and considering how close ennis and nash have been for years, it wouldn't surprise me if this was MDA's trade and not really DM's

11. hakeemthagreat

DMo's a worse defender and rebounder. But foreign players are golden around here, even when less talented:rollyes:

12. craguin

craguin Member

[Chron.com - Jonathan Feigen] Tyler Ennis makes good first impression for Rockets

13. Fantasma Negro

Geez Ryan Anderson is really happy to be here, he's kissing everyone's ass lol

14. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Per Ryan Anderson: Ennis > Bev...

15. Raz

Raz Member

What are you even talking about? Rockets defensive numbers went downhill with Beasley on the court, while they were stable with Motiejunas. No sane person would pick Beasley over him.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Soooooooooo..................... we trade away one of our scorers for a point guard that averages 4 points and 2 assists per game?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way to look at this is that the Rockets traded away the worst non rookie on the roster for a young guy with some upside at a position of greatest need.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Typical looking only at the stats fan :rolleyes: Do you know that with such small sample it comes down to just a few more shots made? And he wasn't even consistent in making them every game.

Yes thank you. I will take watching games over just going to bball ref and pretend to know what I'm talking about.

Oh and btw he hasn't shown much ability in PNR half court. But that's not entirely his fault. It's because the Bucks didn't run a typical PNR.
    But to go ahead and claim that he has shown ability in the NBA in running it is outright false and shows how much you have been watching him.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I haven't watched Enis; but I'd bet good $$$ Pringles has. I suspect (strongly) this was MDA's 'call'.

20. malakas

malakas Member

since he's the coach he should have if the FO is collaborating with the coaching staff. And since this trade has been in the works for a while and Ennis has been in the trading block for 6+ months.