1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Michael Beasley to Bucks for Tyler Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's how I choose to read the trade as well. I think it is a good one for roster balance, but hopefully it can prove to be much more ala Lowry

2. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

I'm with you with this trade but I feel you may be overvaluing Morey's history with point guard talent. Yes, he's been able to find some good PGs but most of those point guards never truly succeeded while in Houston. I'm a Morey supporter mostly but I also know he has faults. He's forever trying to turn less into more...on paper. Can't blame him for that but we don't value what we have enough sometimes.

On the flip side, don't know why we are valuing KJ so much now. Maybe Morey realizes he's left a lot of talent slip through his hands and doesn't want to repeat. He's just doing this on the wrong player.

Williamson likes this.
  3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the contrary, I think KJ is a baller. He just needs the court time.

4. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

The boy can't shoot. If he ever develops a shot, then it's a different story. Maybe that's what management is waiting for.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz: Steve Novak is #6 on the Bucks. And Dellavedova is #8.

poor Beasley

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1. We didn't let Lowry walk. We traded him for a pick that was the center of the Harden trade.
    2. You realize Dragic got paid huge dollars and we didn't yet have a superstar, right? If we were contenders and he was important to the team they would have paid him.

7. heypartner

oops double post

8. heypartner

Who's going to tell Tyler Ennis he can't wear Yao's number?

[​IMG]

9. alethios

alethios Member

I asked that same question many pages back. Still no idea on what number he will take. Maybe #2?

I kid...

10. dmoneybangbang

KJ just needs to concentrate on defense and rebounding, which is where I see him most useful. Offensively, you put KJ in constant motion slashing to the basket and setting screens. Shooting can be improved on but I believe KJ needs to hang his hat on defense. Just my two cents.

11. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

That's fair enough but you won't last long in this league as solely a wing defender (unless you are a Tony Allen superstar defender). KJ needs to be a 3 & D player, there are no passengers in Pringles offense system. If defenders decide to sag off KJ, he becomes a liability on offense unless his shot becomes a threat.

Saying that, his shot doesnt look particularly broken. If Ariza can become a good shooter, KJ certainly can as well

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He will wear #6.

[​IMG]

alethios likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

Thanks!

14. PlayMeIn2k

PlayMeIn2k New Member

Been using this site since 06. Barely made my account for it tonight just so I can say this is the dumbest f*cking trade smfh

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Gonna miss Beastley. He was one of only 2 real playmakers we had last year.
    He came up big for us several times.
    Maybe he doesn't fit MDA's system. Maybe it's to make room for Dmo.
    Whatever it is. Not sure I like this trade. Especially for what we got in return

16. heypartner

haha. Welcome to posting. Admit it, though: You finally registered because you had that awesome photo ready to use in your avatar. :)

As for the trade, I'm can't help but think DMo's agent might have been mentioning a logjam at PF since the Anderson signing, so Morey shed Beasley as symbol of good faith. But, probably more to the truth is DM has been targeting Ennis since the '14 draft when he went #18 ahead of Capela. Morey has shown interest before in stock-piling potential from past drafts ('09 comes to mind, and Thomas Robinson) even when they show no real signs of breaking out. Still has never really worked, though.

PlayMeIn2k likes this.
  17. pli777

pli777 Member

How was Beasley the worst player on the roster? And even if he was the worst, you could possibly trade for a even worse player.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

One thing I'm most looking forward to with the D'Antoni offense.

If KJ is constantly moving towards the rim and getting some buckets here and there - he's going to get more minutes - which is going to pay dividends for our defense.

It's an issue which isn't even on the radar of most people 'in the know'

*cough analysts cough*

But it's something that could prove to be very fruitful (I have my fingers crossed at least) with D'Antoni's offense.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

takes the team out of a rhythm at times. We can replace his production comfortably

20. FeaR

FeaR Member

Beasley was a negative (according to his Advanced stats). Get over it people. It seems like quality of this forum is going downhill. Beasley matured, can contribute a bit for a team but there are no upside. I love this trade even if Ennis doesn't pan out.