1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

What has been amazing to watch is how Billy Donovan has figured out ways to contain both SA and OKC. It has definitely helped OKC to have played SAS in the previous round because they were able to acclimate themselves to a similar style.

What's ultra impressive is the amount of turnovers that OKC is able to create from reading the plays that GS is trying to pull on them. Usually when teams send a soft double on any of their pick and rolls, it completely leaves them vulnerable inside to Green/Bogut or another player rolling to the basket. OKC has so much athleticism that they are able to play 3 on 4, and then rotate back into position without giving up an open look.

Another thing that OKC is masterful at is making it look like there is a free run to the rim, and then coming over to help and weakside blocking at the rim attempts. This ability has forced GS to become overly reliant on their 3 point shot. This increased pressure on making 3's is causing more and more quick looks to go up, and GS is not responding well.

San Antonio was a slower opponent, but they had a more varied offense due to the post up and midrange threats that they had. GS is much more one dimensional, although that dimension is excellent, there is less of the total chaos that they are able to apply to other teams primarily because of Ibaka/Kanter/Adams footspeed. The three OKC bigs are able to both cover ground and rebound, which is a rare quality these days. Adams/Ibaka on Curry or Klay actually turns out to not be such a mismatch at times, and gives OKC ultra flexibility in switching off their myriad of picks. Normally all of the interior passing would offset the switching advantage, but OKC has seen it all from SA and is ready for that one risky pass that GS ends up throwing and picks it off.

If I'm Steve Kerr, I would be staying up all night yesterday and today just to see if there's any way I can come up with a legitimate counter to the switching/weakside shotblocking that OKC has brought to the table. It would be difficult to say for sure how to stop this team, because you can't change the system that got you here, and yet doing the same thing will end up in getting run off the floor again.

1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

•Steve Kerr reiterates his stance: "I don't think (Draymond Green) will be suspended."
    •Steve Kerr on Draymond Green's kick: "Guys do it to try to sell contact. The issue is he got him in the wrong place. It was unfortunate, but I don't see any intent behind it. I don't think he'll be suspended."
    •"No, I'm not bracing for the worst." Draymond Green, projecting confidence on possibility of suspension
    •Draymond Green says comparisons to Dahntay Jones incident don't work because that was a "punch" and "a leg isn't the same as an arm"
    •Draymond Green: "Russell Westbrook kicked me at the end of the half. He just didn't happen to catch me where I caught Steven Adams."

3. MD_in_Training

Russ was in the air already and it was all one motion. Green's kick came way after what was normal for a "flailing motion."

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

?

It's just funny that the number of votes for the Thunder has gone up as I've visited this thread throughout the series.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Same with Steven Adams

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Draymond Green should be suspended. And it will be very bad form if he isn't considering the precedent that was set with Dahntay Jones just the other day. Scrub gets suspended but star doesnt? nah. Too much heat there.

The Golden State loss was delicious. I would like another slice please.

LOL at Kerr wanting the flagrant to be rescinded. The NBA should suspend Green just for Kerr's hubris.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Do you guys think the league will make q announcement whether they decide to suspend him or not? If so when do you think we'll hear

8. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yes and that will be so beautiful

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Someone posted a tweet that expects a statement by "end of Monday".

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bovada gives Draymond Green 4/7 odds of being suspended for Game 4.</p>&mdash; Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) <a href="https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/734797263415971841">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Green from USA Today:

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The unofficial leader in media clubhouse? Likely upgraded to Flagrant 2, no suspension, bringing Draymond 1 point from automatic suspension</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/734799354242977792">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

For a high iq player like draymond, he certainly whines a lot and gets frustrated.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's a complete copout, and would set a terrible precedent that divides the "super/star" and "scrub" levels. Apparently, it's okay to chirp to the refs every game and kick a man's nuts if you're absolutely important to your team winning the game. Now, star players would know they can just "accidentally" murder an opposing player and have it only be a flagrant 2 at worst, assuming that player wasn't ejected from that game. And these players can use the "Draymond in Game 3" precedent to speak their case.

What really grinds my gears is SAS / TNT panel / other "authority" figures saying how what Draymond did, wasn't enough for a suspension. Even after Draymond "accidentally" did it twice, to the same player, in the span of a week.

All because GSW would basically be crap (SAS) or because Draymond is way more important to GSW than Jones is, to CLE (Barkley).

smdh

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

League doesn't want the darlings risking going down 3-1. Gotta do what they can.

Also...if Draymond really was not intentionally doing it, he would be more apologetic than he's currently being.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NBA has too be seeing tweets like this. Everyone is expecting them to puss out and let Green play based on his star value.

The NBA can't ignore the negative PR hit this will do to them.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steve Kerr smiled: &quot;The balls were not off limits when I played.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/734805447153090560">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Russell Westbrook: &quot;I've never been fined for one flop. I don't know how to flop.&quot;</p>&mdash; Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/734804080535601152">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Russell Westbrook on Draymond Green's comments about him: &quot;He's gotta bring somebody into it. He's trying to take the heat off himself.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/734803826083930112">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steven Adams: &quot;I feel fine, mate. A bit sore.&quot; He added that he might wear extra protection in Game 4 &quot;considering the consistency.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/734806253449269248">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

#876 J.R., May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

LOL if he doesn't play. They are toast

18. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

It depends on what team the commissioner has his money on whither or not Draymond gets suspended.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Would a Draymond Green apology matter to him? &quot;No. It wouldn't matter,&quot; OKC center Steven Adams said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/734806318242926592">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steven Adams: &quot;I think we can beat them with or without&quot; Draymond Green.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/734806776801943552">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>