1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Western Conference Finals] (1)Golden State vs. (3)Oklahoma City

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 12, 2016.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Warriors in 5

42 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Warriors in 6

77 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Warriors in 7

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Thunder in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Thunder in 5

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Thunder in 6

85 vote(s)
    28.7%
  8. Thunder in 7

37 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. Other (Specify)

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

That's the most screwed up part of this. If Adams had put on a show and collapsed (which would've actually been understandable considering what just happened), Green might've been thrown out.

But because he acted like nothing happened, Green gets off. The system almost forces you to put on a show or else the other guy doesn't face any punishment.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not true.

And in game 2 Green was taunting Adams the entire first half.

3. napalm06

They have the "unanimous" MVP, so if they blame losing to not having Green... something has to give.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If it happen, and were I to be a Warrior's fan, I would be deeply embarrassed. When you win 73 games, you are expected to certain greatness. Not even coming out of your own conference, and making to the big dance, constitutes in my view, a huge failure to perform. It is all about expectations for GS, and anything short of winning it all would put a brown stain in their great 2015-2016 season.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Breaking the record for wins is no doubt an amazing accomplishment. But if the Warriors don't win it all, whenever this season is referenced it will always be followed by "...but they didn't win the Championship."

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It would be totally joyless and become a punch line.

7. napalm06

The votes for the Thunder are growing in this poll. How mysterious.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Donovan on Green: &quot;I'm not here to say whether it was or wasn't intentional. I don't know. But it has happened twice in the last two games.&quot;</p>&mdash; Royce Young (@royceyoung) <a href="https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/734580082056921088">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Neither of those are natural - Green is a dirty player - if the NBA does not suspend him they are a joke.

In truth, I really wish Adams would have come back in and cold cocked Green.

DD

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Green better be happy Stu Jackson isn't over suspensions anymore. He's been killing him on Twitter.

11. watashi315

watashi315 Member

With or without intent...Adams is one tough dude for taking all those nut shots for the team. He better win a ring out of this.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I like Adam Silver, at least much better than the prior commish, Stern, who looked and acted like a used-car salesman. However, I will lose a lot of respect towards his NBA if punitive action is not taking against Green. Make no mistake, he intended to deliver that kick to the groin. Whether he regretted doing a split second later is irrelevant. You can't bring back the bullet once it is shot.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say that an official decision from the league office on Draymond Green's status for Game 4 is expected by day's end Monday.</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/734767118441451521">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Can you tell when I voted?

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They need to suspend Green. I want to see both teams at full strength but it's clearly intentional and below the belt (literally). Can't let a guy with away with that crap just because we want to see a good series. And if they let him off the hook now, he'll be doing it his whole career.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They have to suspend him, if the Warriors decided to rely on a guy who is this unstable, screw em...

DD

18. MD_in_Training

What's the point of playing basketball if different rules are going to apply to different players? Superstar calls are already a blemish on the face of the NBA. Good teams come and go. Good players come and go. But there's a certain threshold for breaching the integrity of the game that fans will tolerate. It would be myopic for the NBA to inch closer to that threshold just for one playoff game. If the NBA suspended a scrub for a questionably intentional groin hit, then it needs to suspend an Allstar for a questionably intentional groin hit.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If the NBA doesn't suspend Green Silver is nutless

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya there are way too many precedents here for this specific type of infraction (groin attacking). and amare was suspended a game just for leaving the bench in the past decade too, so the league office can't pull out the "it's a big game and a name player" card now either..