1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NY Daily News: Celtics have engaged Rockets on possible Dwight Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Feb 3, 2016.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I wonder if at this point Morey is playing chicken and waiting for someone to blink. To me if this season was even being considered you make a move before the deadline if one is there. Maybe Morey holds out until the deadline hoping someone will up the ante' on whatever asset of ours they are looking at. Unless of course the front office thinks this season is as done as it appears to be.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not talking about other teams here. the way this team is built and their personnel won't be winning without a star big. making it big means little when this team is supposed to be championship or bust.

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What kings insider

4. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

If rosas gets the nets job it could be a three way trade to get the nets a pick back, rockets get lopez and celts get howard.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Celtics fans and Danny have been dying for a center, they're #3 in east, so they may trade nets 1st + players if Howard agrees to sign there for max this summer.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I mentioned them as a possible suitor for Dwight in the random trade thread... I think it makes the most sense. Bradley has to be a part of this deal. I love the idea of starting him next to Harden.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight Howard addressed rumors of potential trade talk to Boston: "I didn't say it, what can I do," he said after Wednesday's practice. "There is nothing I can say, teams are going to say what they have to say. I don't know." — Calvin Watkins

Howard talks only in 'negotiation phase'

#67 J.R., Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I am 100% against trading Dwight for anything but a superior player (Durant, Blake, etc). Never forget about the phenomenon that is Playoff Dwight, and how valuable he was last year, and how many times he picked us up when Harden was in the middle of a 7+ turnover game. We don't have Dwight for the regular season. All that matters is postseason performance.

1 person likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

If ainge wants just a back to the basket big man seems to me he should be more interested in Monroe :)

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Trading Dwight right now would be the exact opposite of a "Morey move." There is no way they sell low on a player at this juncture, and trading Dwight would be the ultimate sell-low move....especially if they feel like they can sign him for under the max this summer.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How come we rarely, if ever, see anyone else refer to "Playoff Dwight," except fans here. We need to get #playoffdwight trending in order to increase his trade value.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Even playoff Dwight isn't getting us anywhere this postseason. Then, he could walk away from us this offseason. How valuable will he be then?

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'd be more keen on the Rudy Gay for KJ, Brewer, Jones trade than this

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I want crowder in any potential trade for dwight.

That dude is on a Cheap 5/35 deal and has the makings of a legit Allstar level small foward.

Great defender big strong and effecint can pass and has a unique offesnive game because of his build.

Him and harden could form a nice one two punch up top with bev.

Lots and lots of cap space to try and sign a Horford and a few other pieces and go to work

All this is assuming we have zero shot at Durant

If we can get Durant u keep howard because

JH/KD/DH is great core.

15. htownrocketman

Every center the Rockets have ever had in the last 15+ years has had problems with officiating. I say we just go without a true center and play small ball like most offensive teams nowadays. It couldn't hurt at this point. Get rid of Dwight while he still has some value.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Isn't Lee a Clipper now?

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I want a player that can play great defense,shoot the 3 good and make free throws.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Relax...no one is trading Dwight...

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Maybe the league should trade the current NBA Officials for new ones? How about that?

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Morey isn't the pu pu platter recipient. Chances are this trade doesn't go down. We wouldn't be getting the best player in the trade. Not worth it.