1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Donatas Motiejunas Injury Updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by You Stone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doesn't mean a lot, when you consider travel time. Houston to NO, NO to SA, SA to OKC, back to houston. Relatively close.

2. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Cared enough to respond the first time....Don't post if you don't want to be responded to.... Stop being a lil b*tch.

3. malakas

malakas Member

So he went to the roadtrip. Doesn't seem to me like something someone who is about to shut it down would do.
    Dunleavy is starting to travel with his team too, coming from a back injury (not surgery) and that's because he is about to come back.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

err, i already told you to get lost in the game thread last week. then i told you again in post #170 of this thread. your posts are simply a waste of bandwidth in this forum. and now that you've called me a b****, hopefully we won't have to see them anymore :)

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Motiejunas, on 1st road trip since went out with sore back, steps up workouts in hopes to return &quot;pretty soon.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/cHqpcU5uR8">https://t.co/cHqpcU5uR8</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/691801938103500800">January 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I realize &quot;pretty soon&quot; is not much of a timetable. And it's only a hope. But with Motiejunas' back, it's the best they've offered so far.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/691802227300761601">January 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

If he's having bad days, it doesn't sound promising.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why are they pushing so hard to bring him back if he's still having good days and bad days. Let him take it easy for another month, whatever. We're not getting a top seed and we have enough talent to get the 5th seed without him.

Where we really need him is 20 games before the playoffs.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but you'd want him to be playing well at that point, not working to get the rust off and find his shot. The sooner he's back, the sooner he can get working on knocking the rust off and getting back to where he left off last season.

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Unlike some that are thinking they are "stashing" him, I'm thinking the opposite - they are pushing/giving hope to trade him before the deadline.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my only guess is they intend to test his back with real playing time again to see how he holds up, before moving to shut him down altogether for another procedure/treatment

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

------------------------------------------------------------
    "Getting better every day,” Motiejunas said. “There are good days, bad days. Most important is to stay positive and keep moving forward. One thing I cannot do is let myself give up. We’ll see how it goes. There might be a couple timeline (to return). It depends how the next couple days turn out. If I feel fine it would be shorter than longer, hopefully. Should be pretty soon.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------​

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...junas-joins-rockets-for-three-game-road-trip/

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Get rid of jones plz

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong on this one. But, truthfully, it sounded like "shut it down."

I'm no doctor, but that's what was implied. He's an investment for the Rockets. I don't know if they want to risk his back.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If I am DMo's agent, I would shut it down until after the trade deadline.....

:)

DD

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I would never support "tanking" and such. buuuut. Do we REALLY want 5th seed? I would think if we can't get 3rd that 6th would be next. 4 / 5 draws warriors in 2nd. eesh.

16. mag

mag Contributing Member

In tonight's broadcast they mentioned he was working with Dwight before the game. Let's hope he is coming back soon.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Isn't he going to the D-league?

18. elainas

elainas Member

No, high numbers(any in fact) in D-league does not match DM claim that DMo is dead.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Heard on Root sports from one of the announcers that he was going to the D-league. Lets see if he goes.

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I would say this is a pretty good idea. Get his minutes where they need to be without worrying about game flow and playoff implications. I feel for the guy, lingering injuries are the worst thing in the world. Hopefully he is back sooner than later..