1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Donatas Motiejunas Injury Updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by You Stone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's for sure. If D-Mo doesn't come this year and show that he has reasonably recovered from his back problems, no GM will throw him big money.

2. malakas

malakas Member

yup.
    But when I see the likes of Avery Bradley whining publicly on the press of how unhappy they are with their 8per I think that if it's a matter of a more lengthy rehab and not another longlasting setback/surgery it's likely he takes a QO.

3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I REALLY want D-Mo back, but I will not be shocked if they come out and say he is done for the year. Whether it be to have corrective surgery or that he just isn't healing like they had hoped and needs to back off of all activities.

And just as a reminder, when Yao ultimately hurt his foot for the last time. They simply said he would be out for a few weeks with a sore foot, don't tell me they didn't suspect right then that it was worse...

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's reason to take things more slowly, which is what happened a month ago, not shut things down for the season in January in a contract year. The only reason why a player about to be a FA would shut things down for the season in January would be to have surgery and the only reasons to do that would be that the first surgery failed or that something new is wrong.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

why would i care who you agree with or what you cannot see :confused:

already told you to get lost before -- just stop replying to my posts

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If your body won't allow you to get back on the court, then you just can't do it. Contract year or not your body is more important than anything else period. That doesn't mean you have to have another surgery. It means you have to continue to rehab and build that issue back up. Hopefully he could get back out there. But if not then maybe teams will take in consideration the fact that he showed potential the previous season before the injury.

Oh and dude I've seen plenty of FA getting paid big time after they sustained an injury in their contract year or before their contract year.

And why are you so darn worried about that man's pennies anyway. Like you getting a cut or something. hahahaah

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Mr. Januarythe15th is probably his agent in disguise LOL. The dude may be getting a piece of his upcoming max contract LMFBO.

8. malakas

malakas Member

If he doesn't shut down heavy practice, could lead to much worse like aggravating the pain and injury. Shutting down does not mean re surgery. Neccesarily.

But I don't think that DMO will be out for the season. I still have hope.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can someone Recap DMo's injury for me
    1. How did he injure it . . .I have forgotten.

Back Surgeries are no joke. . . . I mean DHoward took about 2 years

Rocket River

10. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After long hours at the gym, smiles might look a bit strained :D We're improving, thouh. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://t.co/umxbVuBmOA">pic.twitter.com/umxbVuBmOA</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/691683895092318208">January 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had a slight herniation of a disc in his back that was pinching an nerve, they went in and shaved the disc to relieve the nerve. Since then he's been rehabbing trying to build back the strength in his back needed to take the abuse of NBA games.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Insert weekly " I'm getting Healthy, working out. On the road back to form tweet."

Give it a month. Rockets announce D-Mo out for the year.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

No kidding. Like the blue balls of houston rockets basketball. DMO's tweets are like the blonde who says she will work it soon.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I'm crossing my fingers. If he was in such serious condition would he be allowed to practice that much?
    I still think that what Codman posted was just an estimation/speculation from another team just by judging the meaning of the Smith signing.

15. seeingred

seeingred Member

reminds me of Clowney. "If we could just see all these guys healthy what a great team we'd have..."

16. malakas

malakas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any team that gambles on signing the Rockets' injured big man this summer will be betting dollars to Donatas.</p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/691750759520600064">Ιανουάριος 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

while i eat my honey glazed, cream filled donatas, i donatas what that means

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo is on the road trip. That's pretty good news. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only one who stopped to take pics. He's the best. Get well soon <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot">@DonatasMot</a> <a href="https://t.co/EiOjBkWWhF">pic.twitter.com/EiOjBkWWhF</a></p>&mdash; Rocketgirl (@00rocketgirl) <a href="https://twitter.com/00rocketgirl/status/691771157792559105">January 25, 2016</a></blockquote>

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Motiejunas on road trip for first time since back soreness put him out Jan. 2 in SA. Stepping up workouts. No timetable yet, Rockets said. &mdash; @Jonathan_Feigen

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering the same
    This is a contract year
    so I understand being extra careful
    but
    He might be hurting himself unless he comes back and has a good showing

Rocket River