1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Donatas Motiejunas Injury Updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by You Stone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you really believe the front office thought for 12 days until they announced the surgery that dmo was returning to the lineup imminently? :confused:

from the mouthpiece himself:

Jonathan FeigenVerified account
    ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    As mentioned eaelier, Donatas Motiejunas out one to two weeks with low back pain and tightness.
    4:45 PM - 27 Mar 2015

2. dmoneybangbang

I wasn't talking about lying about an injury and trading a player. I was talking about the advantage/leverage it would give opposing teams in trade talks knowing player "x" will be out for "x" amount of time.

The Rockets are a pretty tight lipped organization in many regards.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get what your saying DD but I just have a really bad feing about this.

I mean think of it this way dmo was rehabbing for 9 months finally got back on the court played like 10 games in limited minutes and then had to **** it down again, with no real explanation or timeframe for when he will be back.

I hope he returns but I'm not holding my breath. I think his back injury was/is very serious and a lot worse than any of us have been led to believe. I hope its not career threatening but man if he has to shut it down for the rest of the year it sure would look like it might be.

4. dmoneybangbang

I more or less agree with DD on that.

So they lied? I don't see the leap from point a to b.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Here we go with these nonsense post by you again. Please cut out the madness. I don't never celebrate someone getting injured, sick or any other thing that could harm said individual.

And how about you read all my fuc--&# comments instead of try to cherry picking and or wrongly accuse me of such a insulting assumption. Oh but let me say something about you. You tend to quickly get into your damn feelings. So again chill out with the accusations man.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Please read again Codman's comment. He said he's been told that DMO is shutting it down and that's why Smoove was needed.
    What would anyone think with the acquisition of Smith? That DMO would be out of the season. It's the logical assumptions any neutral party would make..a neutral party like another team's staff...like Codmans' source i.e. Now it IS possible what Codman is hearing is just speculation and not direct knowledge..unless his sources are from the agent side of DMO. Teams dont' go talk with each other about players medical conditions. In fact there's as much secrecy as possible, as much lies and posturing.

So I am still trying to remain calm and positive after this. He started running right? That doesn't sound like someone who is bedridden.

As for doctor Bobby again..shutting it down doesn't mean automatically or necessarily another surgery. It could be that he is in too much pain and will require much more lengthy rehab to be able to play. It could mean that the doctors determined that he is in no position to be banging with other 7footers in the post and he needs much more core strengthening.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wouldn't it be nice if after the all-star break we had our full 12-man roster healthy for the remainder of the season and no injuries for the playoffs?

Our 5 in the front court Dwight Clint Dmo Smith and Jones, 5 in the backcourt of Bev Ty Terry Harden and Marcus and Trevor and Corey at the three.

We really don't need a trade. We need luck.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Let's say that Morrey is hiding on purpose the state of DMO's current condition.
    What's the benefit of this strategy? Any guesses?

My simple guess is this:
    1)Minimizes the leverage that teams with pfs on the market have on the Rockets since it hides the desperation. But now Smith is already acquired.
    2)Lowers the price of T.Jones , by posturing that DMO is going to come back soon. (We have the luxury to trade Jones since DMO is coming back for any team specifically targeting Jones). If DMO is not coming back and it was announced, then Jones price for another team specifically targeting him to acquire his bird rights would have to overpay to make Morrey part with his only one of the two pfs, and since it takes us out of the difficult position of having two sought out rfas Jones bird rights would be valuable. (Rockets wouldnt' be in the disadvantage of two rfa pfs).

Therefore if it's a posturing for strategic reasons with the acquisition of Smith, the right strategy is announcing the truth now, if a trade for Jones is what is the goal for Morrey here.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If dmo is donezo we need marqueef or something, I loved tjones and I thought he was about to blow up but he regressed again and went quiet while getting abused again on defense. We need 2 legit power forwards. Smith is one. Dmo is hurt and jones is legit about 1/3 of the time. Ariza is a sf where certain matchups it works out. Capela is a youngster and a backup center we can use to exploit certain situations. We need another power forward! Or just get your ass back on the court deeeemoooooo

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Even with Josh Smith, considering the Big situation: rookies Capela, Harrell, Dmo being hurt, TJones inconsistant, I would not be surprised if the Rockets look to trade for another vet Big.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lol I'm done waiting, this is like waiting for Yao and Tmac to get healthy

I'm just going to pretend DMo is no longer playing for us.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I just saw that Zach Lowe reported that the Pistons are interested in Motiejunas...

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nothing to see here this season. They are talking about free agency this summer.

Zach Lowe on The Lowe Post podcast:

"They want a four in free agency this summer, the Pistons, really badly. They’re going to look at Stan’s old friend Ryan Anderson. I’ve heard they’re hot on Motiejunas from Houston who’s always hurt. So, who knows how hot they actually are?"

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/20...-agency-ryan-anderson-and-donatas-motiejunas/

fwiw: media is now saying "who's always hurt." But DMo is OK with continuing to fake his injury, because Morey promised him a big payday for taking one for the team.

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thanks mate, I just saw it before, thanks for the info

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Literally the only reason he'd be "shutting it down" for the season would be if the needed a new surgery....or if some new injury happened in the last few days. He's in a contract year, there's no way he chooses to shut it down over pain that Dwight Howard and many other players played through.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cant give the pistons the best twin tower lineup that easily. max contract s&t. they're loaded with shooters and got jennings off the bench.

if he needs surgery then he should just get it. this season is a wash, and now we got smith. make use of this time by getting surgery early and starting next season strong and healthy for a change.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Er.. no? Severe pain and danger to aggravate the condition=> order by the doctor to stop all activities and take it much slower in rehab.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Malakas you're not going to win with Dr. Bobby. LOL

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

silver lining - we re-sign him to a cheap long term contract next year as no team will throw big money at a guy who's only played well for about 60 games in his career and is coming off back surgery with multiple setbacks in rehab.