1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You have to use Dmo when you need buckets, you just have to...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 26, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He gets there SOONER with playing time - I am not saying he is all the way back but he ONLY gets there by playing the game, and more than 7 minutes at a time.

Capella and Howard are similar players, neither can play offense or offer any threat outside of a lob - we need CONTRASTING players to our jump shooting offense.

Everytime we go on a run, with made 3pters I look at my 13 year old and say "Fools gold" because eventually those stop, and what else do we have to fall back on?

I am convinced that DMo is the key to turning this around, only because he offers options that no one else on the team does......and we need him playing at least 20mpg NOW, so he can get completely ready to take back that starting PF spot, we need him at 32mpg by Feb...latest.

DD

2. dmoneybangbang

You're right.... why are you still here... you lost.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You're exactly right. It's so obvious to see you would think that the coaching staff would be the first to notice.

This gets old, I don't see the logic of wasting a year when you have Harden an Howard with a coach that might be able to coach in this league. Making JB the head coach is one of the worse decisions I have seen by the Rockets in over 20 years. You can't throw away a year, you have to go all in.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Capela is on a good road but if Dwight leaves, I think we probably need a better Center.

Someone who can put a close to Marc Gasolesque in his prime production

Capela can play the second fiddle. He is not good enough offensively.

I do not get why people b**** so much about Harden and Howard and are content about the role players.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Watch it again. He overplayed AD's right side b/c he had help defense on the left side. However, Harden didn't contest AD's layup at all.

Yeah, but there's not much you can do when the refs ignore illegal screens.

He didn't give up an offensive rebound to Gordon. AD was at the 3 pt line, and DMo was guarding him out there. Beverley allowed Gordon to get the offensive rebound and the subsequent 3 pointer.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I am actually fine with the Howard and Capela starting rotation but Dmo needs to be the first big off the bench not Tjones. Dmo's offensive game vastly helps the team more than what Tjones can bring in the long haul. Just hope its not too late when they do decide to give Dmo more playing time. If they come out tomorrow and say Dmo has been feeling soreness or pain or something to that degree then I won't fault them for not playing him but to have that offensive weapon and nut use him is simply frustrating.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are not an "Only fan" why put his name in your sig?

The team is above everyone, Tjones, Dmo, Capela, Ariza and above Harden and Howard

8. hakeemthagreat

I think your a DMo fan just incapable of acknowledging how bad he is at times. I can guarantee him not playing is a direct correlation to his horrendous rebounding & lack of defensive toughness. If I were JB I'd bench him too

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo is my 2nd favorite Rocket behind Harden. :confused:

I agree the team is above everyone but playing Dmo is what's best for the team.

10. dmoneybangbang

He just isn't going to be given playing time... He is going to have to beat out Jones and Capela. He's not going to do that with the way his rebounding and defense is... right now. He will improve, but it isn't going to be given to him.

As of 12/26 in the context of the 2015 season, Jones has played better. I'm not sure why that is controversial but it's that fact of the matter. I share the general optimism in DMo, but I am talking about today, 12/26.

11. DaDakota

Jesus, if JB is worried about rebounding, then why is Tjo playing?

I think you are wrong, I think JB is settled on a rotation - even McHale was forced to play DMO and it saved last year - I suspect that will have to happen to JB to.

DD

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I can't honestly believe the team gives it to T-Jones to go one-on-one against Davis - off the top of my head 3 times - all resulting in horrible shots that don't look like going in.

... Yet the one time D-Mo goes at Davis he puts it straight in?

Jones should NEVER be getting the ball down low more than D-Mo - let alone 5x more touches.

Every single one on the coaching staff needs to go.

It's time to fish or cut bait.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That team is lost until they figure something out with Morey, another head coach and effort every game.

That has been obvious since the sacking of McHale a coach whom I liked but wasn't good enough, but a questionable timing to fire someone.

One player is never going to save the entire team. A system does.

Morey is on the hot seat because he is meddling within a coach's business which he should not as a GM.

Les is clueless like a potato but at least he pays for low draft picks.

1 person likes this.
  14. ibm

ibm Member

overall jones is a lot worse defender than dmo.

i still suspect it's dmo's back having some issues...

15. hakeemthagreat

Harden is the weakside defender that's supposed block Anthony Davis? 2-3 ft from the basket? DMo misread his assignment.

QUOTE=wekko368;10213138]Yeah, but there's not much you can do when the refs ignore illegal screens.[/quote]
    Illegal screens? So it was the refs fault now:rolleyes:

QUOTE=wekko368;10213138]He didn't give up an offensive rebound to Gordon. AD was at the 3 pt line, and DMo was guarding him out there. Beverley allowed Gordon to get the offensive rebound and the subsequent 3 pointer.[/QUOTE]
    Stop making excuses. DMo's a 7fter and should be snatching everything in his area. No way Gordon gets that if that was Dwight. DMo is soft on defense and it hurts us more than the few post moves he gives us right now

16. hakeemthagreat

Fixed

Harden is the weakside defender that's supposed block Anthony Davis? 2-3 ft from the basket? DMo misread his assignment.

Illegal screens? So it was the refs fault now:rolleyes:

Stop making excuses. DMo's a 7fter and should be snatching everything in his area. No way Gordon gets that if that was Dwight. DMo is soft on defense and it hurts us more than the few post moves he gives us right now

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I agree with everything you just said and I know one player won't save the team, in this case Dmo, all I'm arguing is that we give ourselves a better chance with him getting more playing time.

1 person likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

It's on DMo man, he's averaging 2.1 rebounds in 13 minutes of play and playing slow defense. He'll get more minutes when he is playing better or if he is outplaying Jones. So far in 2015, it hasn't happened yet.

Maybe he's have some soreness and needing to take a step back with his minutes (he played more MPG a week or two ago), whatever it is, he hasn't done enough to warrant taking minutes from someone else.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the problem most people have is that your player evaluation skills are weak at best. I'm sure you mean well, but it would be better if you let the big kids do the talking. I've schooled you enough for tonight youngster.

20. DaDakota

What a bunch of BULL****!

I mean what have any of the other bigs done to keep him on the bench?

TJo - up and down, can't rebound has no concept of team defense
    Capella - Young - no offense at all
    DHoward - moping, doesn't get the ball - gives up.

I mean you would have a point if they were playing well, but clearly they are not.

DD