1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You have to use Dmo when you need buckets, you just have to...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 26, 2015.

1. dmoneybangbang

Where did you throw knowledge at me? I missed it. Should I just check on T D S to get a recap? It seems you get schooled where ever you bring your player evaluation.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can learn from me here or learn from me elsewhere, so long as you do actually learn, you'll become a more knowledgeable basketball fan one day.

3. dmoneybangbang

I don't know what to tell you... DMo is the 4th big on the team as of 12/26... That may change in a week or two or in a month... But DMo isn't there yet.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is there, can't wait for the coaches to catch up.

DD

5. dmoneybangbang

...right. So where was that knowledge you dropped on me? Care to point me to the post number? Musta missed it.

6. dmoneybangbang

Coaches are concerned about winning the game in front of them and DMo hasn't figured into that yet.

DMo is averaging ~5.5 boards per 36 minutes so far this year and is actually averaging 2.1 boards per ~13 minutes. As bad as you folks disparage Jones, Jones is doing more so far this year. DMo needs more time... what's so hard about that?

7. DaDakota

Rebounds don't count as points - there are no rebounds on made buckets.

DD

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know how many rebounds we got in the 4th quarter tonight, but we got 17 points....just 3 more and we'd have won.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It was more than 2-3 feet from the basket. And yes, that's the point of weakside defense. Do you remember what Harden did? He jumped out of bounds to avoid AD. Matador defense. It's hard to blame DMo for that. He did his job...he forced AD into the Rockets' help defense.

Do you agree that Perkins set an illegal screen? If so, then yes, it was the refs' fault.

Seriously? He should be able to get a bunch of rebounds b/c he's 7 feet tall? ok.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyways, use some common sense. DMo was guarding AD at the 3pt line. Do you honestly expect him to be able to grab defensive rebounds when he's that far from the basket?

I get that you don't like DMo. But aside from that terrible pass he threw, there's not much from this game for which he can be criticized. And the more you try, the more biased and ignorant you look.

10. dmoneybangbang

If you are getting outrebounded then you more than likely won't have as many possessions to score. No one is saying DMo can't score, but that isn't this team's main weakness.

DMo is 7 foot and has gotten zero rebounds in 15 minutes... And is averaging 2.1 rebounds on the year.... He ain't there yet... Stop making excuses and let him get healthy while being brought on.

11. DaDakota

It was a bad pass though - of course Harden has 2 or 3 of those a game.
    :)

DD

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They got out-rebounded anyway, had they scored more, they'd have won.

13. dmoneybangbang

So you're arguing for Thornton then?

14. DaDakota

Wait, what? He played 15 minutes? Well hell, .....I thought it was only 7.

Your agenda is showing you don't like him, think he is a poor rebounder - got it....

I think Rebounding is a team effort and there have been PLENTY of bigs who are more finesse that have been successful.

DMo is our best low post player, and the coaches are too ****ing stupid to put him on the floor....of course, maybe that is why we are 16-16...???

DD

15. dmoneybangbang

.... or had they defended better. DMo isn't there yet and hasn't been able to beat out any other bigs... It'll be okay... Give him more time and I'm sure it will happen.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thornton did a damn good job while he was in, but we were talking about the PF spot, had they played one that could create points in the post they'd have a chance. Instead, they didn't play a PF and they got out-rebounded, AND only scored 17 points.

17. ibm

ibm Member

unless his back is holding him up a little, dmo s/b in the starting lineup. everything considered, overall dmo is a better player than capela and tjones.

i dont see any real arguments there.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Defended better? You realize that they played no PF right? You probably don't have the ability to realize that DMo is a solid defender, but I'm not going to go crazy with my expectations from you. If you think that Jones is a better defender either you are simply ate up with bias or you lack the ability to make that determination for yourself.

19. dmoneybangbang

Sigh... He's played 15 minutes total, tonight and yesterday. I mentioned this earlier as well, my apologies for assuming you actually read.

Stop playing "gotcha" and gain some perspective....

Like?

Still got the homerism glasses on huh?

It's funny since I am quite high on DMo, but I stay grounded. DMo can't do much right now besides play offense... he...needs...more...time.

20. DaDakota

ON THE FLOOR!

DD