1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You have to use Dmo when you need buckets, you just have to...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Guy can score with ease in the low post. Give it to him when you are struggling to get points. I just don't get it with the coaching staff sometimes. McHale fed him the ball more than Bickerfail.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is disgraceful that they are wasting the best low post option on the team and one of the best in the league.

Let the guy get 20mpg to get ready to move into the starting lineup where he belongs.

Capella should be the 4th big.

I mean he comes in, hits a couple of shots, gets tired, goes to the bench to be banished for the rest of the game instead of coming back to get his 2nd wind.

DD

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By my count he had 2 touches in the post, one led to a hook shot and 2 points, the other led to an alley attempt to Dwight where he missed but got his own rebound and scored. Kind of odd that they don't use that for easy offense more often.

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Dmo should be starting. If Rockets gave Dmo the ball in the post the games would be so much easier! If the offense get stagnate give the ball to Dmo.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Dmo is not being utilized properly on the offensive end but Dmo also has to do better with rebounding. His weak boxing out help give the Pels life in the second quarter with second chance points. All the 4s on the current roster lack key components to their game which lead me to believe the answer at the 4 position is still not currently on the roster.

6. elainas

elainas Member

The reason why DMo was effective last yr. is that he played with JH he set wall each time, and with DMo we do have IQ on the floor and ball movement! not ISO!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which is why you play him with Howard or Capella - you know strength with weakness?

DD

8. Rocketeer4Life

How about playing Thornton more and no Brewer and Harden when he is off...

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Legit criticism but when he left the game the Rockets were up 12....

10. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

So far this season it really hasn't mattered who he plays along with, his lack of boxing out still has hurt the team and allowed second chances offensively to the other team. I know Dmo is probably still rounding into shape but you need better rebounding from your 4 position then what he's offering most of the time.

Yeah but there was a momentum shift during that stretch. Secure those rebounds and the Rox could have started building an even bigger lead and start crushing the Pels confidence.

Dmo is a good offensive role player and can help this team. I just don't feel he's the saviour people are making him out to be. He's a flawed 4 because he is just too weak on the boards. He would not be starting on any of the other true contenders in the league.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys give DMO way too much credit.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, the momentum shifted immediately after he went out and Jones came back in. His shift in the 2nd quarter was just pathetic on both sides of the ball, his awful play went a long way towards starting that run by the Pels. Jones later made up for it with good play in the 3rd, but he was a disaster in the 2nd.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And you don't give him enough while hyping up garbage like Cardale Jones.....

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There are two simplistic solutions to your typical causal fan:

1) Fire the coach!
    2) Play this guy on the bench!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is this a joke? Let's play this dude more than 10 minutes first.

This is a face up league. I agree he should be getting more playing time but from 7 minutes to 8 minutes guy to go to scorer that is quite a stretch.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

For most of those rebounds, DMo had switched off his man to help defend another Pelican. When that Pelican would miss the shot, DMo's original man would grab the rebound. It's unfair to blame DMo for that.

I think DMo would be best utilized coming off the bench as the offensive focal point of the second unit. However, in order to do that, Capela would also have to come off the bench, and Jones would need to start. Unfortunately, at his current level, we can't rely on Jones as a starter if we have championship aspirations.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's only been a 7 to 8 minute guy for 3 games and he showed last year that he can be a go to scorer.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Jones and Dmo had a role in the second Q collapse. Like I said, all the 4s on this roster have major flaws.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I give him the credit when it's due. This is not the case. The majority of the people here act like they haven't seen him play since he's been back. Ignoring all the bad and only focusing on the very few good things.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And I disagree, the Rockets had their largest lead of the game when DMo went out, it's kind of hard putting the collapse on him. Any of it.