1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed. If Porzingas gets injured or even nicked up, he will find himself at the bottom of the 1st instead of the middle of the draft.

2. try

try Member

My boy Jokic withdraws as well, announced by his agent today.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Nikola Jokic, 95, withdraw his name from the draft. He will play next year for Mega Vizura!</p>&mdash; Misko4Raznatovic (@MiskoRaznatovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiskoRaznatovic/statuses/478548845253890048">16. Juni 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Smart decision. Otherwise one of the great steals in second round.

4. try

try Member

Well, that's what I call a reliable agent. :grin:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>We change direction and Nikola Jokic from Mega, keeps his name on draft 2014!</p>&mdash; Misko4Raznatovic (@MiskoRaznatovic) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiskoRaznatovic/statuses/478643186819416067">16. Juni 2014</a></blockquote>
    Go get this guy!

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jokic is ranked 42nd in Draft Express' top 100. Houston holds the 42nd pick. Reminds me of a bigger Scola. Lacks athleticism but really crafty and intelligent player with surprising vision.

A better stretch 5 candidate is Alec Brown. One of the purest shooters in draft, and over 7' tall. Also a good shot blocker. But lacks strength to defend in post & poor rebounder. May not even be drafted.

Inglis is the one that intrigues me. He may be the more raw in terms of basketball experience and IQ, but his potential is through the roof. Inglis is a manchild on offense, and just plain MAN on defense. He's my pick at 42.

6. haoafu

I like both as second round steals, and I'm afraid Hinkie or other GM's would take them earlier than us.

7. haoafu

Makes me wonder if any team promised him a first round selection...

8. ironariza

ironariza Member

could you make a thread for JOkic, I need a new shooting pf to support

9. ironariza

ironariza Member

10. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

He's continued to improve this season as a better shooter/rebounder, and is listed as top10 pick so far on draftexpress.

11. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

how does he rate in comparison to d-mo.... higher upside or no

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sevilla's Kristaps Porzingis, 19, impressing NBA executives on scouting trail in Spain. He's grown to 7-foot-1-plus, progressing into Top 5.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/577562704543629312">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I can see why, if he really has the outside shooting touch that they say he does. He clearly has the height and length...

[youtube]GFBFakWzakc[/youtube]

14. NBAphenom

NBAphenom Member

[Video] Kristaps Porzingis 2015 NBA Draft Scouting Video

Kristaps Porzingis 2015 NBA Draft Scouting Video

[YOUTUBE]JWOjHoJ-U6A[/YOUTUBE]

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

He reminds me of Darko Milicic somehow, I bet Detroit Pistons won't take him if by any chance he falls that low.

16. malakas

malakas Member

LOL interesting to see old posts about Inglis here. He hasn't played yet so I have no idea if your assesments were spot on or way off. But I'm very excited to watch him in summer league.

Kristaps should go over Mudiay in my opinion. But he won't. WCS even may go over him :rolleyes: . I see him either to the Magic or the Kings. Unless ofc he has terrible workouts.

17. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1nkX7tv7ZYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No physical strength(weak) and and no post game but he's 7'1" and a great shooter.

Idk if this guy is going to turn into KG (also skinny and no post game when he was young) or Brad Miller. That's a huge ceiling floor gap right there LOL.

My guess is he turns into Mehmet Okur or more likely a slightly bigger/better Adrea Bargnani.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

My money is on the Magic as well, he'd fit in nicely next to Vucevic and Harris.

Only thing is that in that lineup, he'd pretty much never be expected to do anything in the paint.

20. basketballholic

Yep. Magic have him at the top of their board after KAT, JO.

Which means Sac is likely to go WCS at #6 UNLESS they reach for Cameron Payne.