1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ironariza

ironariza Member

2. NotChandlerParsons

Haven't read a single word about this guy other than his name, I'm sold, draft him. PORZINGA!

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

6 points for lesser Durant ? KD flashes? will he bloom? dont'be waiting for me next season only me.

4. ironariza

ironariza Member

you will know you are wrong asap

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

MR i see kd flashs

6. ironariza

ironariza Member

sorry.

Game 3, 16mins,9pts, Lose, season is over

fouls too much,too quick.
    3 playoff games, 54mins, 12 fouls. no 3P made.
    even no mid-range shots made in playoffs, i am not sure

7. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...top-10-international-prospects-2014-nba-draft

8. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...top-10-international-prospects-2014-nba-draft

9. try

try Member

The more research I do on Jokic, the more I'm intrigued by this guy.
    • Very good passer for a bigman: Had btb games with 7 and 6 assists recently. While he makes some creative passes (e. g. touch passes, no look passes, wraparounds), he does it with a purpose, not as unnessecarily fancy stuff. His assist rate of 18,5% (remember that it's harder to get an assist credited in Europe) would put him seventh in the NBA among players 6'9 or taller.
    • Nice stroke from the outside: Shot poorly at the start of this season, but since the end of March, he's shooting 47,8% from three on more than 3 attempts per game (range well beyond the NBA three point line :grin:)! That allows him to get defenders in the air with a nice headfake.
    • Solid faceup game: He played PG as a teenager until he had a growth spurt a few years ago, so he is very confortable putting the ball on the floor and putting pressure on the defense.
    He's not very athletic, nor is he a great defender, but he seems to have a nice feel for the game and positions himself pretty well for his age (he's 19).
    A comparison I would go with is Kelly Olynyk with better passing ability. I would be delighted if we could grab him with our second round pick.

Some highlights from a recent game, very impressive move at 1:25. Grabs the rebound, takes it to the front court by himself and finds an open teammate under the basket with a no-look-pass for an easy layup.
    [youtube]LQwnStEwrjo[/youtube]

10. basketballholic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That kid is most definitely worth a second round draft and stash flyer.

11. ironariza

ironariza Member

really smart.
    you see everyone can not see.

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Yes, that's why I recommended him last month. He's got great size and also played very well in the NIKE HOOP SUMMIT this year.

13. ironariza

ironariza Member

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Agent: In a surprise, 7-foot Kristaps Porzingis will withdraw from the 2014 NBA Draft: <a href="http://t.co/astSdG9OUy">http://t.co/astSdG9OUy</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/478346825829605376">June 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Good decision for himself... Almost a lock to be lottery pick next year.

16. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Always go when you are hot...

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Meh. Could have said the same thing about Donatas Motiejunas prior to the 2010 NBA Draft. Instead, D-Mo waited another year only to be taken #20 overall.