1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Men's National Team at World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JonRetro, Jun 15, 2014.

1. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

Wanted to start a thread dedicated to our boys in brazil.. Lets get these 3 points against Ghana monday..

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Still amazed at the quick strike by Clint

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, this is a better option, simply have a great place to talk about the USA.

Great win today.

DD

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Actually this needs its own thread and i'm glad someone opened it.

Great win today but i want to point out that we have a great Defense and only second to italy's so far ( i've seen every game). Bradley was really bad today and didn't complete simple passes when needed it ( it was always short or longer pass resulted in out of bounds). Damarcus beasley was outstanding and reminds me of patrick beverley. we played 90 mnts of defense with a team that is used to the humidity and the heat. Not to mention the injury to Altidore and the no show from our strikers to take some pressure off. I think we can beat Portugal but its not gonna be easy after their lame loss.

6. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

lol finally people posting on here! it was a great win.. full of drama after ayew scored the tying goal.. but its america and i wouldnt have it any other way. gotta get this next one against portugal for this win to mean something.

7. SexyButIgnorant

You joking? Beasley was absolutely terrible tonight. He chose the absolute worst times to go on forward runs and Ghana was feeding off his terrible defense. Their best chances came off his side because they knew he was terrible.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If swoly is against it, then I'm all for it.

The one good thing is (other than getting the 3 points) I don't think Bradley could play worse.

I hope Juergen gives them a couple days off. I fear they overtrained and that was the cause of the ailments today. Going to be hard to replace Jozy. I think Wondo gets the start on Sunday.

No matter what happened in the middle 85 minutes, 3 points is 3 points. The how doesn't matter.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The more I think and rewatch Brooks' goal, the more I'm amazed. You can actually see the exact moment when he realized what he'd done. He just did what every single one of us who played the game dreamed of doing.

Just freaking awesome.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup...for-after-world-cup-final?ex_cid=sportscenter

flip flopper

11. DaDakota

Who was it that just missed up high before it got to Brooks?

I mean talk about a game of inches.....

Wondo - huh? He is not really a holding forward either, I think the USA needs to switch formations, maybe to a 4-1-3-2 with Beckerman holding mid.

DD

12. Rocketfanatic2

First off, let me say that that was an awesome win! Sweet sweet revenge at last. Just wanted to list a couple of points from the game.

Bradley played terrible. He must pick it up against Portugal. Too many giveaways and just played slow today.

Beasley also wasn't up to par today. Some bad touches and sloppy play in general.

Couldn't hold possession to save our lives. I would've thought we had two red cards based on the way we held the ball. Felt like they had it in our zone 65 % of the game.

I like the way Jones plays. If he goes down, he doesn't flop around like a 15 pound bass all over the pitch like the other players seem to do, he simply gets back up and moves on. Tough guy.

Johnson came alive near the end, and he created some great opportunities.

Brooks scored the game winning goal in his World Cup debut, and it came in the final 10 minutes of the game. No first timer jitters for him, that was clutch.

Dempsey looked great to begin the game, but after taking that blow to the nose, wasn't much of a factor.

We desperately need Jozy to get well soon because our attack suffered big time in that game.

Howard played well. His hand was oh so close to stopping their goal, but nothing he can do about that one. Just a solid play on their part.

ICE THOSE HAMSTRINGS.

I think all it takes is a tie against Portugal and we advance. A win seals it. Hoping Germany blows out Ghana so that they'll relax against us, knowing that they are on to the next round.

USA!

13. Rocketfanatic2

Cameron. Looked like it grazed that smooth greased hair of his.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interested in how they do against Germany

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe id="kaltura_player_1402979164" height="360" width="640" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_5kd3h5w6/uiconf_id/6740162/st_cache/48855?&amp;">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>
    <div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;">
    <a href="http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_9y2qp6ol">Zlatan Ibrahimovic -- Soccer Legend Rips Team USA ... 'A Big Joke'</a>
    - Watch More
    <a href="http://www.tmz.com/videos" title="TMZ Videos">Celebrity Videos</a>
    or
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?&amp;add_user=tmz" title="TMZ on YouTube">Subscribe</a>
    </div>

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Boooo will keep posting on the other thread!! :D

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

NO i'm not joking. i play the same position and i know what it means when you have to cover for the absence of our midfield. He was never beat and won every 50/50 ball with his hustle. Their best chances came in the second half from the other side (Bedoya). the missed header over the gaol, and even their goal came exactly from that side and its a fact, since # 20 was giving bedoya trouble.

18. DaDakota

Beasley struggled against them physically, but was overall effective.

The key will be on the other side against Ranaldo next.

DD

19. Buck Turgidson

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed I do not see the point of this thread. Isn't it easiest to keep all discussions on the World cup in 1 thread? Oh well if people do think it has value thats ok with me.

This thread will be empty in about a week when the USA is out of the tournament:)