1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Men's National Team at World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JonRetro, Jun 15, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So are only American posters allowed to post on this thread? :)

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( How can you say this? Shame on you for wishing them bad luck. Just because they don't score 1 like Mexico or 5 like Netherlands doesn't give you that right! :mad:

;)

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Probably not, shall we start a "Every team except US men's national team at world cup 2014" thread?:grin:

I do not wish them bad luck:grin:, I actually want them to destroy Portugal, there are very few national team who I dislike as much as them.
    Good luck tonight, I will be rooting for you.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Let's talk about the guy who scored the winning goal for Team USA yesterday...you guys know he is really German, right?

#24 AroundTheWorld, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The more the merrier...until June 26th.

6. SwoLy-D

^ WHY until June 26th? What happens then? I don't understand. :confused:

No trolling, I SRSLY don't understand.
    :grin:

7. smr6

smr6 Member

[​IMG]

8. SwoLy-D

Dude, Fran Drescher is HOT. :eek:

[​IMG]

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Not so sure about that...the US may make it out with as bad as Portugal is going, and if so, they will likely face South Korea or Russia, who I think they can beat.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Unsinn! Wir sind so amerikanisch wie Apfelsaft.

[​IMG]

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I also think you can actually advance, but I think Belgium will be our opponent.

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

You're probably right...I forgot they were in the group!

13. SwoLy-D

14. SexyButIgnorant

If you thought Beasley played well, then I'd love to see how good you are at your position lol.

Idk, I feel like you were watching another game. I agree that Bedoya suffered whenever Asamoah made his runs, but that doesn't take away from how bad Beasley was.

You could even tell that Klinsmann must have been pissed off at him since it was clear that Jermaine Jones was asked to stay down during half time. Jones was attacking a lot more in the first half, and in the second half, he was trying to help Beasley as much as possible. Klinsmann had asked Jones to help Beasley's terrible D.

Here are two links that agree with me. One rated him 2/10, the other 4.5/10. So, he was pretty damn bad. Not too mention Marcelo Balbao was ripping him a new one on commentary.

http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2014/06/16/2014-world-cup-usas-player-ratings-vs-ghana/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/17/s...-ratings-united-states-2-vs-ghana-1.html?_r=2

What's even sadder is that Beasley had trouble with Jordan Ayew and Daniel Opare, who suck. Had Ghana decided to swap the wings and put the much more talented Andre Ayew and Kwadwo Asamoah on the right, I think they would have won.

15. SwoLy-D

Just because those other "links" agree with you it doesn't mean you're right or that you're all correct.

Don't make arabrocket explode, man. Beasley was solid defending. Nobody stole his lunch. :eek:

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

As I'm sure you know, there are 5 guys on the US team that have a German mother and an American father. I find it interesting -- if those guys had been raised in the US they'd probably be playing basketball, football or baseball. Extremely few black (or half black) Americans would ever choose to play soccer as a first sport. We have to field teams of "US" players who grew up in Europe or who immigrated to the US.

17. SexyButIgnorant

I didn't say it made my opinion a fact, I'm merely providing back-up to my opinion.

Much like you went crazy on defending the two offside calls in the Mexico games, no matter how wrong you were :cool: just messin with ya man

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dude, it's RONALDO!

LOL

19. SwoLy-D

They rated most of the starters in that NYTimes page a 4.5, Beasley a 4.5, so... that doesn't make him BAD or doesn't support you at all. Maybe AVERAGE, but he defended well and didn't make mistakes. I don't agree with their 4.5 because they said Ghana didn't break them and it was a new position for him. He's like the U.S. and A.'s version of Corey Ashe. :grin:

20. SexyButIgnorant

Well, to be honest, most of the team played pretty bad. So it doesn't make him average, it makes him bad like most of the team. At least that's the way I see it lol