1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lmfao.

2. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Isn’t Mchale just a stop gap for the guy that coached the rockets NBDL team? Or I’m I wrong about that?

1 person likes this.
  3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

If McHale quits before his contract is up, I blame Morey for making such a bad hire in the first place. Adelman supposedly got fired because he didn’t fit any longer so you would think Morey would find someone who did fit better. Instead he hired McHale who:

-Doesn’t care for analytics
    -Complains about losing his favorite players just like Adelman did
    -Doesn’t seem too enthusiastic about rebuilding since he keeps whining about wanting to coach vets

Basically Adelman with far less coaching acumen, so I’m not sure what the point of hiring him even was. Hopefully Morey chooses someone more Morey-like the next time around so everyone will be on the same page.

1 person likes this.
  4. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

There's always D'Antoni. lol

5. Pete the Cheat

Chris Finch is the coach you are referring to. Morey tried to force him on to Adelman's staff to get some grooming...turned out to be one of the final straws in Adelman's messy exit from town...

I haven't heard much about Finch since his promotion to McHale's staff, and Kelvin Sampson is the official assistant under McHale.

what also strikes me as odd was Finch being touted as running Adelman's quasi-Princeton offense down at RGV...he didn't exactly add that wrinkle into McHale's offense (which at times was cringe worthy)...

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Exactly!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Excellent post.

What is Mr. Finch's role? What does this guy do? During the season, during in-game interviews, we heard from Sampson, we heard from Bickerstaff, nothing from Finch. At all.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man are people worked up about nothing. Nevermind that this is a basically a tabloid we're talking about, from NY no less. I mean, a coach getting upset that his two 2 starting PGs left the team? Wow, do you fans expect coaches to be happy when the team is trying to tank?

Seriously, give me a single coach on any level who's ever happy that his team is trying to suck. If you can name me one, then I can tell you no NBA team would hire that person to be their coach.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't mind losing Dragic. His contract is pricey,but fair for a PG who isn't going to take you anywhere. The same can be said about coach McHale.

I'm not sure I like what Morey said. The team option was the reason they didn't sign him. I know his philosophy is to sign assets that can be flipped for (better) assets, but they wanted to sign Dragic to be the Rockets starting PG for the next 3-4 years in his prime. Why was he so concerned about his trade value if he knew that? I am guessing he was unsure about Lowry and wanted to make Les happy with Lin.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

And that's just fine with me. Sampson and Bickerstaff are two damn good assistant coaches with many years of experience and I'm glad they're playing big roles. Don't know much about Finch, but I dont like the idea of forcing coaches onto someone's staff. It's creepy.

11. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

posit

and Lin is going to take you somewhere?!

Dragic is going to be so much better than Lin when it's all said and done

please save this post

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

He probably looked kind of like this guy.

1 person likes this.
  13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin fits in a lot better in terms of what the rockets are trying to accomplish. Dragic wasn't going to take this team of young guys any further than Lin can anyway. Plus Lin is younger with less professional experience who in a similar number of starts put up comparable numbers. Since the team is rebuilding anyway I would rather go with the younger guy.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Lin is paid the same as Dragic, basically.
    or did you misread that post, or something? your comment seems completely out of place.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I would have rather had Dragic, and 4 years $32 mil would not have been too much for me. Goran has allstar potential and he's only 26. I think it was a mistake not to resign Dragic, but I'm over it. If Lin can improve his shooting and cut down on his turnovers, he'll end up being an excellent PG.

16. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Me too. Good riddance Kevin McFail. Someone start a JVG revival thread

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Dragic is 26. Lin is 23. No he won't. Dragic has already peaked get over it.

20. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

Hire Brian Shaw already!!