1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

If the Rockets are pursuing a deal which does not involve Pau Gasol. These names have either been on the trade block this season or the Rockets have had recent interest:

Gerald Wallace
    Omer Asik
    Josh Smith (+Kirk Hinrich's expiring contract)
    Andrea Bargnani
    Nene
    Steve Nash
    Jan Vesely, Javale McGee
    Al Jefferson (the player McHale traded KG for)
    Danny Granger

2. arjun

arjun Member

it wont be any of them.

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

I would add

Chris Kaman
    Okafor and pick
    Evan Turner

4. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I bet it is Kaman...

5. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

u think they scrapped the Bogut deal to sign Kaman? not a chance.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well don't be so quick to say that. Its not about who we get its about how good of a deal it is. So if we can get kaman for pure expiring's it might be a better deal, but besides that yeah i don't see a way kaman is a better deal then bogut.

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Yeah...I guess we need a definition of "better deal"

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

There's no other trade... DM is jus playin the Bucks...They're tryin to move Bogut/SJax... He wants to give em Sam/Kmart... they want Sam/Clee/and a young prospect or two.... it's late... DM says he's got a better deal workin so he's gotta go... he'll let em sleep on it, and will hit em back up tomorrow... and they'll take Sam/Kmart...

1 person likes this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Depends on what Milwaukee was asking for Bogut. If they're demanding our best assets (Lowry, NYK pick, Motiejunas) then obviously some kind of deal where we send expirings and maybe a 2nd rounder or Bud for Kaman, is better.

I doubt that Morey was ever willing to deal our best assets for ever-injured Bogut though. He would probably be looking to get him for bench players, maybe Martin or Scola. So that makes me doubt Kaman is what moved him off a potential Bogut deal.

Could be Gasol, could be Howard, could be D-Will, could be some other player we haven't been hearing about. Probably more of an impact piece than a roleplayer though.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not much difference between the two.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I wonder which pick(s) it would be! I'd REALLY like to hang on to that NY pick! Could end up landing us MKG or Austin Rivers, I'd even take perry jones

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I loved the idea of going after Bogut. Typical buy low move. Dude has had freak bad luck with injuries, unlike Yao, who's injuries were systemic of a larger problem.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Getting Bogut for Lee/Dalembert would be such a Morey-esque destruction of another GM.

(That said, I think New Jersey is opening up to a Deron trade...)

14. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Getting bogut would be a Aussie rockets fans wet dream! Get er done morey!!

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Nah. I think they'd rather trade for some vets and border line all-star's, before they consider trading Deron Williams.

Plus with Williams, you'd have a high asking price for only a one and a half month rental. Don't think that's the long term move Morey is looking to make.

16. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Absolutely, being an Aussie Rocket fan I'm getting excited just thinking about it

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Looking at espn , GSW is wanting bogut while Orlando gets Ellis.Houston is 3rd team in deal

18. valorita

valorita Member

I'm confused.

GSW wants Bogut
    ORL wants Ellis
    Houston is 3rd team

where does that leave Bucks?
    philanthropists?

by the way, GSW and ORL have nothing that we want (that they're willing to give up e.g. Dwight)

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol let me get this straight, GSW gets bogut, Orlando gets ellis, Bucks get blank and rockets are involved. Thats 4 teams buddy, you got your trades rumors mixed. Anyways rox were said to be no longer in trade talks for bogut they backed out to try at another trade which nobody knows of right now.

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Nothing mixed up BRO rumor had lee and the bear going to bucks with draft pick, but its canceled