1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BTW don't you have a chick to chase after if you say it is spring break?

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

You don't think Bogut is currently better than Cousins? I don't know what to say. As for Al Jefferson, he is known as an offensive minded center. We need a defensive presence. Bogut is an elite defensive center. In any case, Al Jefferson is averaging 18ppg on .479. That is his supposed strength. Bogut averaged 18ppg on .629. I'll leave you to figure out who the better center is...

Brook Lopez is an offensive minded center. Yes he can score. 19 ppg on .494 this year. Again, check Bogut's numbers. They don't compare. That is playing to Brook's strength. However, Brook is averaging less than 4 rpg. Are you kidding me? That is beyond bad for a center. He is seldom a defensive presence, let alone one of Bogut's stature.

Marc Gasol's numbers this year are arguably worse than those of Bogut's "recovery season" last year. Bogut's stats the year before blows him out of the water completely....

3. albuster

albuster Member

I won't be surprised if it is Melo. Either way, the history of the Rockets in the past four years has been under whelming trades. I am expecting nothing to happen that will radically change this team for the better this year but I am hoping I am wrong.

4. cod

cod Member

Draft Patrick Patterson :p

5. Big Time Titan

That's what I'm saying. It must be something good. Hope it works out.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm with you.:)

7. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

so with all this talk does it mean something is likely to go down tonight?

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Naw... I dont think "stupid" would be the word to use. If they backed out of this deal due to the Bucks draft demands, they have their heads on straight. They know what they have in the Knicks pick. They also they know they have time, and they know that nobody else has a quality Center to give them in exchange with possible the most team friendly contract coming back, and a highly coveted restricted free agent that they have a good ability to get back a decent price this summer. If the Rockets were desperate, they wouldnt have walked away from the table over a draft pick.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Worry about your business.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The hell's a chick

11. alethios

alethios Member

Only in the 1st half of most games; their offense drops off significantly in the 3rd and 4th quarters (ranked 16th & 22nd respectively). They really, REALLY need a closer and to stop playing matador defense in 2nd half of games.

I don't know Bogut's 3rd/4th quarter performance in comparison, but I'm hopeful whoever we trade for can help us in those critical quarters.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why bother..... We backed away from the trade... as reported.
    Brook has upside if he can work with McHale... but I think we will find out whom we are after

Everyone is flawed, even Dwight and Bynum are to an extent. Dwight does not have many moves in his repertoire and Bynum is not as dominant as Dwight on the defensive end.

13. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Does anybody else see that a trade with the Bucks might have deeper ramifications than just getting Bogut??

I'm talking about the Knicks pick. If we help the Bucks get better...our Knicks pick gets better if the Bucks can edge them out. Help them help us. :)

I hope the talks with the Bucks aren't over...

14. delishman

delishman Member

Trade Deadline Drama has begun!

(on a personal note)

Spring Break '12 - Take my talents to Morey's beach.

15. Ultimate6thMan

Everyone wants the team to make a big splash, but with Morey's history and reputation around the league, more than likely for him and us to get that big splash that we want, we will need to give up more than we would like or is expected by the fans.

If Morey tries to low ball again this trade deadline, I fear another worthless trade that does nothing significantly for us. We really need to realise that we need to get two impact All Star or caliber players to build upon. We may have to give up our whole starting line up plus to do that.

I'm all for it if it is the right two players to build around. I hate to give up Lowry, but we have to do something.

16. cod

cod Member

The downside would be the rent-a-crowd Rowdies get 100 more seats if he continues doing that in Houston.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This is going to be a wild week for the Rockets.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hopefully an actual wild week of good trades and moving on up for the organization.

Not a wild week on CFnet only to be disappointed by inactivity or another horizontal move by Maury.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dalembert + Lee is not lowballing for Bogut. Thats a trade that works for both teams. The Bucks want draft picks as well, and the Rockets are holding off on giving them the gold nugget Knicks pick right now. I think Morey deals very reasonably. I don't see this as lowballing at all. I dont see the NO/Gasol/CP3 deal as lowballing at all. He was completely gutting this team down. The New Jersey/Terrence Williams trade seems to be working out in their favor.... I think teams love dealing with Morey. GM's live for this, and they love someone that actually tries to make deals as opposed to the other 28 GM's who posture and sway.

20. Ultimate6thMan

I hope that you are right. I would love to agree with you. But what will be the deciding factor on which perception is correct, will be what trade happens or doesn't happen.

If we make a splash and give up more than most fans think we should have, then Morey realised before I said it, that he needed to give in to make that splash.

But if no significant trade happens, then he didn't realise this.

If he makes a great trade without giving up too much, then you were right my friend and we will all be the more happier for it!