1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If CP3 ditches the Rockets, no big FA's sign, and Capela isn't matched...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 12, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

If there's a deal for LeBron, it has to get done very very quickly once it becomes the clear option. I imagine the Rockets have to construct a deal they know the Cavs will accept almost the instant they offer it up, otherwise it could get messy getting drawn out and you never know how a guy like Dan Gilbert will react to the talking media heads and we all know the talking media heads will be pissed.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If you really are bored please do not make threads just to make threads.... I get it is the offseason but if these things happen, someone is getting fired!

arabrocket likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WHAT

IF

[​IMG]

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Five pages and not a single person has liked the OP's post. Well done, Clutchfans - thanks for holding the line on not validating someone's dumb ass post....now we just need to stop commenting on dum posts all together.

arabrocket and justtxyank like this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

From what I've heard recently...

CP3 and Clint are still the priority; Out of the two, the only concern is Clint. But, that's only a concern.

LBJ is a priority too, BUT again, there are plenty of names that help put the Rockets back to contention. One ear is adamant that LBJ wants a piece of the western conference, which narrows things down to Lakeshow, Rox or Spurs.

Allegedly, FlyRy welcomes a trade.

LeBron controls free agency, but the Lakers and Spurs are trying to lock down Kawhi to entice LBJ. Watch for that.

As of recently, somehow, Trevor is still planning on being back.

As of forever, Steph Curry, DirtyDraymond and Steve Kerr are still suckers.

XO
    Cod

6. aroundtheblock2

What could LA possibly give SAS to make them trade Kawhi? And how would a Kawhi and LeBron team with scrubs make it through the western conference? I don't see it happening.

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Objectively, Ingram and Lonzo are two great pieces to start a rebuild around. Boston has more assets to offer, but they won't if Kawhi is dead-set on LA and won't sign a LT deal anywhere else

8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Thanks for the insight.

9. aroundtheblock2

For a 26/27 year old Kawhi Leonard? Thats a HUGEEEE step down. Lonzo is okay but he brings a lot of baggage (BBB) and I dont see the Spurs wanting any part of the Lavar Ball show. I wouldn't do that deal if I'm the Spurs and I think a lot of people are overrating the Lakers roster right now for the sake of LeBron tbh.

hakeem94 and arabrocket like this.
  10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Codman comes in and drops talk. Saving OPs thread

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden has gotten us to the playoffs every year since he's been here, we were third best in the league just last year without Paul you sound like a spoiled brat. Did you mean to refer to Kevin martin or Kyle Lowry with that statement?

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

So we went from "everyone wants to play with/for Harden/CP3/MDA" a couple months ago to "now no one wants to be a Rocket, including CP3." GTFO with this crap.

SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.
  13. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Again, I added the caveat that Kawhi is adamant about going to LA. In that case, he is a soon-to-be free agent that other teams wouldn't break the bank for. The Spurs would have to make a choice - bet they can change Kawhi's mind in a year, or recoup as much value as possible.

Lonzo can be routed to another team for other assets (and/or Kuzma, Hart, and future picks can be added to the deal) if the Spurs decide to not be Big Ballers.

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting that Clint is a concern, despite being a restricted FA. That'd imply that there's a price at which the Rockets would not match.

saleem likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think nobody would trade Kawhi for Ingram/Lonzo etc...the problem is if Kawhi says "look, i'm not resigning here and i want to be in L.A". Obviously we don't know if this happened or will, but he's from there, and ending up in L.A might help him getting a better shoes deal i guess, so, if that happens the Spurs would not be in a great position, think about Indiana with George...i remember the rumors were pretty much all about Boston with L.A having no interest in trading their best assets, but in the end Ainge didn't drop the goods, and i guess he had his good reasons.

As for the Spurs, they might be able to get back Hayward or Irving if Kawhi is ok with getting traded there, but is that really going to help them going forward? They have an old roster with pretty much zero talent to develop...i can see them trying to stay competitive also because of Pop coaching for few years, but if they lose Kawhi it's really going to be hard for them to stay competitive imo. Anyway yeah, can't really see the Spurs deal with Lavar lol.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

CODBOMB! Made my day. NOW it's an offseason.

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  17. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Anyone know who FlyRy is?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

t0mdotcom likes this.
  19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Love this.

20. alethios

alethios Member

We were a 55/27 team with the same weak-minded leader that you bad-mouthed. The Harden hate is still strong in this forum, sheesh!

If CP3 leaves and LeBron doesn't come here, we would most likely retain Capela or use him as trade bait for something better. We will probably keep Tucker & LMaM, and sign Ariza to 8mil/year like he wants. The biggest loss for us would be CP3 but we can function without him, just not on the same level.

hakeem94 likes this.