1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are there any VEGANS on Clutchfans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Very true. There are nutrients you should be careful to get with the vegan diet but it's far and away healthier than the standard American diet.

I'm not a very careful vegan lately due to unrelated health issue but even when I'm not careful my diet is healthier than the diets of all but a handful of the people I know.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

QFT and repped.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i've been a Pescetarianism (seafood & fish only) for about 9 months. i was vegetarian for about 6 weeks of it. i still go days where i don't eat fish either, it's probably a few times a week.

that is as far as i want to take it at the moment. maybe one day i will learn more about it, and what type of meals i can cook. and batman is right i don't miss it one bit. even though i love steak/bacon it's just not where i see someone eat it and miss it. i can just eat something else and be full and satisfied.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My Creatinine is 1.3. Im joining the vegan crew.

jacoby likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because of health issues over the past few years, I've had to pay a lot of attention to diet recently. There are quite a number of misleading and/or inaccurate claims in this thread . . . . One book that folks might want to check out is Nina Teichholz's Big Fat Surprise. And no, I'm not suggesting that book just to call anyone's veganism or vegetarianism into question.

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surprise-Butter-Healthy/dp/1451624425

These are some pretty serious issues, and the history of nutritional science over the past 50-60 years is pretty dismal. In ten or fifteen years we will all look back on what we THOUGHT we knew about nutrition and realize how wrong we were. Anyway, Teicholz's book is a good read.

Nook likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I need to find out what crushed my kidneys. I use to take creatinine supplements to workout, caffeine, diet sodas = recipe for kidney failure.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I took creatine for about one year and quit that crap. It made me lose hair like a mofo. Now I just drink a cup of coffee pre workout.

You need to up your water intake. 1.5 gallons a day is where I'm at on average

RasaqBoi and cheke64 like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm a meat lover. I stay on the meat. But I toss mad salad too

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What gets me mad is that they say it's the most studied supplement and there's no side effects. The internet can be full of **** to sell their products.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

what about dem gainz?

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

If you've sort of slow metabolism(hypo), or those who are on the heavyweight side , this is projected to happen .
    the only time it can comes in handy that I'm aware of ,is in a situation when you mix it up with drugs like tapazole to help recovery, very specific cases not intended to be used by general population

cheke64 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Vegan, vegetarian, omnivore, whatever it may be, this quote from the description of the book on her website
    seems beyond outlandish. I can get the argument for healthy fats, but what she's suggesting off of my first small, quick look, seems dangerous. She isn't a doctor, or scientist, from what I can see, her opinions are going against a large consensus amongst modern scientist and doctors.

If you have health issues, please monitor them closely with blood test bro, please check in with your physician, as the diet that women is suggesting is highly controversial (to say in a polite way), especially for someone with health problems.

#54 ThatBoyNick, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    jacoby likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I am not a philosophical eater (I don't eat food based on ethical choices) but I have recently converted to this for health purposes. I'm about a month in so far so I won't consider it my lifestyle yet, long ways to go. I feel a lot better though already. I used juicing as a way to make the shift. For me it was extremely helpful as a way to get me into different vegetables that I've historically loathed.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha you silly vegans don't get nutrients! Losers! So stupid to eat a diet devoid of nutrients you're so unhealthy.

Errrr....hold on.

Yeah, I'll take the chicken fried steak with extra gravy, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese with a diet coke.

LOL silly Vegans.

Batman Jones likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Do you know that conventional medicine has no treatment for your unhappy kidneys? The only thing they can offer is dialysis in the later stage of the disease. You can do a lot to heal them yourself. Start with the basics : stay the hell away from lots of things that harm your kidneys like drugs, booze, supplements of all kinds( especially the sports/bodybuilding). Clean up your diet and ease up on meat, bad carbs, sugar, caffeine, junk foods etc.... . If you're really motivated then try the Lou Corona Lemon ginger blast drink. Try this Kidney Stuff by www.goldenstandards.com, I know quite a few bodybuilders using this to regain their kidney health after years of swallowing all kinds of bodybuilding pills and eating an extremely high protein diet. Try to clean out your organs especially your kidneys, a good place to get started is this site www.globalhealing.com, Dr Group has some great products and instructions for you to cleanse them. Last but not least, if you got some dough and if you place a high priority on your health, invest in a Kangen water machine and a Bemer (EPMF) device, these two expensive medical devices will give you more than a fighting chance to fix your kidneys and restore your health. Good luck bro!

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

again, my intention here isn't to argue with anybody about diet, but the point is precisely that "her opinions are going against a large consensus amongst modern scientist and doctors." The consensus has been wrong. And just because she is not a doctor is no reason to dismiss her analysis out of hand. Read the book . . . or take a look at some of the similar stuff that Gary Taubes has done or Tim Noakes's work.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I understand you're saying you don't want to argue about diet, but you proceed to say that scientist and doctors are wrong, that a random pereon who wrote a book, some articles and did some radio shows, a person that has zero information on her education or credibility, is the one who's right.

As someone who's genuinely concerned and querious to learn about this, can I ask how long you've been on this diet, and if it has indeed helped your health conditions? Have you taken blood test that show your diet has positively changed whatever you are trying to change?

jacoby likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yes and yes. I'll pm you.