1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are there any VEGANS on Clutchfans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't know if I answered in this thread, but I've been 99% plant based for a year. I changed my diet for health reasons. I'm not sick yet, but heart disease is the number one killer in America now, and anyone eating a typical American diet is a bypass waiting to happen. I do eat cookies on occasion and had some cheese and olive pizza the other night but for the most part I don't eat any animal based product.

CF is a gem unmatched on the internet. Even Reddit tends to clump demographics together in subreddits.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I generally do "meatless mondays" but honestly I don't think I could do it always. Tofu stir-fry is delicious and all but I get hungry again soon after. I've made a myriad of choices over the last 5 years that seem to be sticking. Nothing breathtaking, less red meat, sugar, beer, fast food...more water, more greens, more mindful choices. Like, I broke myself of the habit of gorging. Seems simple not to eat yourself sick but I did, 3x a day for years.

All told, from my tipping point 5 years ago to now I've lost something like 35 lbs. Now I'm at the crossroads of adding muscle and losing fat, 185 seems to be my magic number so I feel like I've accomplished something even though I didn't really set a goal or anything like that. Wish I had this mentality 15 years ago, when I equated lifting heavy weights to health. The first time I weighed 185 lol...