1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden and Curry changed teams.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha_Dude, Jan 29, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Not factual. Just speculation. Not worth my time.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i think morey has built the team in the image of last year's warriors in some ways. He wanted capable wing shooters like klay and barnes (ariza, gordon bev.) He has also tried to draft a draymond like 4 (Tjones, Trez, royce white, yikes!). and he has tried to get a rim protector like bogut. (capela, Howard). The difference with curry vs harden is, you would see more ball/player moment, and curry would have a more capable 3pt shooter at the 4 than draymond (anderson). Not to mention, curry might be a little better 3 point shooter than James, maybe....

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not even close. Curry would get hurt trying to run this offense

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bbhollic never speculates. Lmao

5. rockpileindisma

"T Jones will be out of the league in two years"

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yoooool seeeeee

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I believe we're still a 54+ win team and still able to run generally the same system. I believe Curry still averages 27+ points, 9+assists and also about 4.5+ turnovers a game. Just send Pat to the bench and start EJ.

Houston obviously has a worse roster than Golden State, but it's not like Curry can't make this roster work. Curry is a good enough scorer to be the leading scorer while also create enough for our shooters since he isn't a bad playmaker. Harden is better in PNR obviously, but I don't believe Curry would be completely incompetent running this system.

I don't know why this thread was made. Am I missing some context?

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think Harden and Curry both perfectly fit in their systems, so its tough to judge. Though I think if they swapped teams the Rockets would get noticeably worse than the Warriors. I think if Giannis and Steph switched teams the Bucks would be worse off. Players like Harden and Giannis effect the game in so many ways, while Steph is just really good (the best ever) at what he does.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I hate Curry, but he's a good player. While we wouldn't be as good, we'd be fine. We'd also have to play a different style than we currently play. Our rebounding would suck, our defense would be about the same, but our points guard would be deadly from long range. That .440 career long range would be so nice.

I prefer Beard though. I like the stat filler thing. I like the leadership. I don't like cocky, Curry's number 1 trait.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know how anybody can predict what it would impact either team if you switched the two players. They had very different sets of skills. Even if it's a fact that Harden is a better overall player than Curry, it does not automatically means that Harden would make the Warriors better and Curry would make the Rockets worse. You just don't know how both teams would gel.

If last season really taught us anything, it's that basketball is not just the sum of overall talents of a roster. How each player interact with each other on the floor is very important. And how a coach fit his players into his system is also very important.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'll see your 'Rox struggle to make the playoffs with Curry...'

and I'll raise you that Curry and Dwight last year would have been better than an 8th seed and a 1st rd humiliation...

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Fair analysis but this team isn't even close to the mould of that team. We have two guys who can handle the ball. Let that sink in. On an NBA roster, a team has just TWO players who can actually dribble without running it off their foot. That's before I even get into the other issues we have.

13. basketballholic

Never said that. rockpile with alternative facts.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so I guess the Part B question about Harden and Curry clones is out. damn.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

None of those are facts or based on any evidence, so there's nothing to refute.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think both teams would get worse. The warriors would get a lil worse and the rockets would get a lot worse

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

So true.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think a better question would be if you put Curry and Klay Thompson on this team and Harden on the Warriors, which team would win? :eek:

I make that trade 10/10

19. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

If you think warriors would get better with harden then you're stupid. Harden is a ball stopper that constantly misses defensive swaps and plays hero ball. Curry plays with in the system. Even though he is not a good 1 on one defender he doesn't kill the warriors defense because he plays with in the system and he is good at it.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Curry is a tremendous PG. He would do just fine on a D'antoni team.