1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Harden and Curry changed teams.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha_Dude, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The Rockets would struggle to make the playoffs.

While the Warriors would win the championship every year.

Who wants to refute these facts?

@joomba or @basketballholic ?

Take your best shot.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I get your intent, but that isn't a fact.

There are so many variables that go into that in such a complex fashion that it would be hard to ever make a judgement about that, barring it actually happening.

I understand what you're saying, however. There are posters being too harsh on Harden. We'd be nowhere without him.

It's fine to criticize Harden, but everyone needs to appreciate and respect what we have in him. We are lucky.

#2 DudeWah, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    rocketsfan611 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  3. Tha_Dude

DudeWah, I respect you as a poster here. But, do you honestly believe that the Rockets would be as good with Curry at the helm vs Harden?

I don't think you honestly believe that. I just don't.

Hui, DonKnock and Mathloom like this.
  4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If we had Rubio instead of Harden, Silver would just give us the title now since nobody would ever beat us again.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't. I think the Rockets would be worse.

I also don't think the Warriors would automatically win every championship. This is actually the part of your claim that I'm more wary of.

I was just saying neither of these two things are facts.

It's just way too complex. The Warriors are built around Curry's play style. I don't think it's that easy to just switch players and win it all.

All this is irrelevant anyway. I think your real
    point is that some fans have taken for granted how good Harden really is. They've stopped being thankful for how lucky we really are to have such a great player.

That, I completely agree with.

Things have to be kept in perspective. Harden is the only reason we are relevant.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think there are three players who could do similar things with this team that Harden does. Lebron, westbrook, and KD. Obviously just speculation...but as @DudeWah said, there is really no way to know how these players would effect the rockets or how harden would effect the warriors. Harden is a great player, he has some issues, but anyone who doesn't appreciate the fact that the rockets are relevant because of him doesn't watch basketball.

DudeWah likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

It's not about you or me, Just a James Harden Vs a Curry.

If you take Harden away from the Rockets, they likely lose every game on the schedule this year.

If you take Curry away from the Warriors then Durant, Thompson, and Draymond, still win 60+ games.

Richie_Rich, D-rock, Mathloom and 3 others like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

Curry doesn't need the play. Harden does. Harden would change the offense from ball movement to one man ball holder

9. BackdoorHarden

I know Joomba will say Curry would make the Rockets a Championship team and Harden would make the Warriors a 55 win team

10. Tha_Dude

No, he won't. Because the dude will make a fool out of him if he tries.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, we would still be very good, they would have similar roles....

DD

T for 3 likes this.
  12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Harden does more for his team than Curry does. Even if they did switch teams.

D-rock and DudeWah like this.
  13. FearTheBeardJH

Warriors would get worse with this swap(Harden simply isn't like 65 TS% player like Curry) and Rockets probably around the same. I feel like Curry takes a lot high variance shots so its hard to say for sure, but if he is making them like last season he is the best offensive player ever.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the Rockets had Curry instead of Harden, I imagine that D'Antoni and Morey would build the rest of the roster quite differently.

Richie_Rich, Easy and DudeWah like this.
  15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If they changed teams, both teams would be worse.

Rockets obviously because Curry can't replace all that Harden does, and the Rockets need it.

But also the Warriors, Harden would probably 'neuter' the free flowing offense, Draymond Green's playmaking, and lose a little space to operate with because Harden isn't shooting it as consistently 5 steps behind the 3 as Curry. Basically Warriors get enough rebounding and passing outside to make Harden's all-round daily triple double amazingness less important.

Daddy Long Legs and DudeWah like this.
  16. Tha_Dude

It's certainly possible, Carl. But, I can't take you seriously here since you're seldom serious.

topfive likes this.
  17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if only harden could have a fraction of curry's shooting skills :(

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Well I'm not so sure about that, considering Morey hasn't 'built' anything around Harden yet. So if Curry was here it would actually involve Morey doing his job well, which he hasn't down for a couple of years now.

Sorry - not sorry.

T for 3 likes this.
  19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Curry me a NBA scoring title.

20. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

If Harden and Curry changed teams.....

... the Rockets would have to sub in Corey Brewer at the end of close games for defensive purposes.

... the Warriors would not have to sub in Shaun Livingston at the end of close games for defensive purposes.

DonKnock likes this.