1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There are plenty of organizations for gang violence already.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why are people wasting their time protecting their Second Amendment rights when they could be focused on black-on-black crime? Why do people spend time opposing abortion, or protecting choice, or protecting the environment, or saving endangered species, or keeping jobs in America, or spreading the Gospel, or shrinking government. Wouldn't all those people have the opportunity to do something more impactful by focusing on black-on-black crime? Do you see the implicit prejudice in assuming that people who have cause to be concerned about institutional racism must also be concerned about black-on-black violence? The great, great majority of American blacks do not live in the neighborhoods responsible for Chicago's death toll. That so many have been murdered in Chicago this year matters no more to my black father-in-law than it does to my white brother. However, institutional racism impacts everybody all across the country. Why keep insisting they're related?*

* I'm sure if you talk to a BLM founder, they'd talk your ear off about how they are related, but they wouldn't be railing about the behavior of Chicago gangbangers. They'll likely tell you that a legacy of institutional racism in Chicago -- of oppression by police, of injustice, of discrimination in education, real estate, employment, and investment -- has created this environment in which young blacks feel compelled by the hand they're dealt to join gangs and to commit crimes. By addressing the root causes of this problem, they are working toward the reduction of black-on-black crime in the long run, in addition to all the other -- and bigger -- problems it creates. But, I doubt you'll be happy about it so long as they refuse to tell black people to pull themselves up by their belt loops.

4 people like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well if you're going to make that argument then so should Trump supporters or any group of people right? They care about americans don't they? Will they do anything about this?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rep. Perfectly said.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Black Lives Matter is a joke.

The organization was founded by people that openly idolize domestic terrorists that are convicted cop killers.

The organization has openly associated with and allowed speakers at their events that have openly called for the murder of policeman and white people. The same speaker has called Osama Bin Laden his "brother".

That is more than enough to label the organization a farce.

As for Chicago, it is a city that has a lot of racism and a white population that doesn't give a damn if black people are killing each other.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Just like Apple, the company that grows and sells apples.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

#BlackLivesMatter was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime, and dead 17-year old Trayvon was posthumously placed on trial for his own murder.

What the hell did George Zimmerman have to do with "the state"? Nice try, but you might want to actually read up on what you are talking about.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. You blame racism for black crime and black poverty? Explain to me how any bigotry takes away the responsibility of a person committing a crime? Do you realize how ignorant that sounds? What next, its the womans fault for getting raped because she is so beautiful?

Chicago PD is 49% white, but somehow this majority of law enforcement is taking the brunt of responsibility? A persons race or nationality should have no excuse on committing crimes.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Recently BLM has expanded to where they are rioting and burning down towns over armed black criminals being shot by black officers so who knows? Maybe they'll eventually get around to rioting and burning down the town over this. Hard to say with a "movement" with no credibility whose actions don't follow any kind of logic.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Pants up, don't loot!

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

They need to focus on Chicago then because clearly there is a major problem there and many young black lives and families are being destroyed.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Your post is non-sense but honestly I think many Trump supporters probably like blacks killing blacks. This type of news probably enforces their biases and bigotry, confirms their beliefs unfortunately.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The state was unable to convict Zimmerman for murdering Martin, so yeah it's about the state. Would BLM have gotten traction had Zimmerman been convicted?

You're talking about moral imperatives. I'm talking about sociology.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ummm, it had to do with the court's decision on the case. You realize that right? You bolded the thing and barely read it, amazing.

Nah makes perfect sense. Why isn't the NRA doing anything about this?

As usual, the resident conservatives come in here and talk 0 about actual gang violence plaguing Chicago and turn their vitriol on black people and people wonder why American conservatism has a problem with race. Probably because people use gang violence in Chicago not as an actual issue but an opportunity to try and make a political point.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So.....you blame the state for not lynching an innocent man to appease an angry mob? What year is this?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that the angry mob was upset that they didn't get the blood they were out for, but justice prevailed....you know, like it was supposed to.....but that's not a bad thing. Sure they would have been happier if they got to have their lynching, but that's not exactly the way we want things is it? It's odd to see you advocating for Klan justice over legitimate justice.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Again, shows what you know. George Zimmerman was found by a jury to be Not Guilty of murder. BLM has a clear misrepresentation of facts on their About page.

Even then, right below the part I chose to bold:

Rooted in the experiences of Black people in this country who actively resist our dehumanization, #BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society.Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

Can't make this stuff up, can you? They literally state that their cause "goes beyond extrajudicial killings" and "vigilantes".

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

People around here are more concerned about murders in Muslim countries. Unpatriotic, but that's how it is.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are building another strawman here.

Juan did not say whether Zimmerman was guilty or not, he corrected Spaceghost on his implication that BLM wasn't about the state and pointed that their grievance wasn't about Zimmerman killing Trayvon Martin, but about the court not charging him with murder.

Everyone knows you disagree with it and think Zimmerman was innocent. That's fine. I know you can't wait to discuss the Trayvon Martin case for the 50th time. I'm done discussing it. I'm just a little baffled at your inconsistency. You're willing to believe DOJ reports are some kind of conspiracy but at the same time seem to assume that the state is 100% correct on issues like Trayvon Martin and every other popular case that's popped up since then...well I guess I do see consistency here but it's not in relation to your trust of our justice system.

Either way here you are in a thread that was 'supposed' to be about gang violence in Chicago (although not really.) talking about Trayvon Martin and BLM.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Martin case, the Brown case, and the rest all were ruled according to the facts of the case and the laws of the land, there's no reason to doubt them. As to the DOJ reports, I don't doubt they found examples of whatever they claimed to find......but the reason they launched the investigation in the first place was due to BLM people embarrassing themselves by advocating for the guilty and wanting to lynch innocent men. That's where Obama's DOJ steps in and tries to make the case that basically everyone is guilty so the BLM people don't look as bad and the narrative they are pushing doesn't suffer any setbacks.