1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What player on this roster would you prefer to see starting at power forward alongside Dwight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Mar 25, 2014.

Tags:
?

What player on this roster would you prefer to see starting at power forward alongside Dwight?

1. Jones

51 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Donuts

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Asik

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Harden (small ball)

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Parsons (small ball)

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Casspi

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. Other

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. basketballholic

Explain your choice over the other possibilities.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha man you are off the chains.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hell no to Casspi. Harden, Parsons, and Howard (TTs) should only play the 4 in situational lineups. Dmo and Jones is a wash. I'd go with Dmo just because he's a better low post defender than Jones and because he knows how to move without the ball better.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Basic responses

if lin is somewhat hot then play
    lin
    Bev
    Parsons
    Harden
    Dwight

if its a low scoring game relying on defence
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Asik
    Dwight

if one of our PF's are on
    Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Tjones/Dmo
    Dwight

5. basketballholic

Who me? :grin:

6. Nook

Nook Member

Robert Covington

7. basketballholic

So, in a nutshell...

59% of us don't want to see Jones starting.
    90% of us don't want to see Jones playing defense down the stretch.
    77% of us don't want to see Jones playing offense down the stretch.

Wow.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wow.... Can the mods please keep this guy from creating D-Mo or Jones bashing threads every two days. This is pure garbage trolling at its best.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=252295

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251794

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251793

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251986

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=245239

and that's just the first 4 pages where this troll has tried to campaign. Two of which essentially creating the same thread again to try and drive argument.

Again with the modulation:

NO

84.85% of people who have voted have voted for either Jones or D-Mo.

Jones and D-Mo are both 2nd year players on the rise, and are very close in proximity to each other in talent, and upside, but have very different abilities. It should be no shock to ANYONE that you could divide who people would want to see out of those two in the middle with a knife.

The 2 young PF's are SHARING the minutes right now at PF. To think that only 16% of people out there (probably all basketcaseahollic's accounts) voted for a change or small ball, is pretty telling actually that people actually like where the Rockets are going with their PF rotation and basketcaseahollic is in the minority and he's simply trolling.

(and yes, you have officially earned the title of being the #1 troll on CF... congrats... you've earned the honor of wearing that internet badge).

1 person likes this.
  9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Where are you getting these numbers from?

10. basketballholic

The 3 polls I put up. This poll has since been skewed once I brought it up in my previous post.

11. pwnyxpress

Haha bballholic is ridiculous. I think he put me on his ignore list like half a year ago because I realized how trollish and silly he is with his "completely sure" stance on outlandish trade ideas. I'm sad to see it's only gotten worse and spread into other areas...

12. pwnyxpress

Whoah, I am always shocked to see that I'm unblocked by you. I'm sure the prior poll numbers you put up were just as "skewed" haha. Though I would agree with the one saying I don't think I'm a huge fan of seeing TJones close the game when we need defense...

13. basketballholic

I don't put people on ignore for having an opinion contrary to mine. I do put posters on ignore when they don't have an argument and they instead choose to bash the other poster's post and call names without providing any content to consider.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would trade Parson's, Asik, Lin, and Jones for Kevin Love. Parson's is not untouchable and would rather be weak at the 3 spot and have a stretch four that rebounds and shoots the 3 at a high level.

15. basketballholic

None of these threads has bashed Jones nor DMo.

Everyone, including you, has a right to make an argument about what they think is true. You are one of the best here at trolling your own arguments.

While 84-85% of the posters here did vote for EITHER Jones or DMo, to say No to my statement is false. The polls speak for themselves. The majority of us don't want to see Jones starting nor finishing games. That's why I did 3 separate polls and now I'm doing a fourth one. To get a better picture of what the majority of posters here feel about our rotation. Remember, there's a ton of LOFs here and they can't even hold down 5th spot for Lin. That's another thing I am looking at as well.

Actually right now according to these polls I'm in the majority. I am in agreement with the whole of them so far. (That actually causes me to doubt myself. ;) )

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

HAHAHA... this is hysterical. The polls weren't skewed when he commented an hour after he made the thread, but now they are skewed several hours afterwards? So the polls are only skewed when there is MORE sample size.... This guy man.

Ok I'm done here. Nothing to see here but half-a#$ trolling.

17. basketballholic

I posted here after this thread had went to the second page. It was dead. Only after I bumped it did the Jones numbers increase.

18. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

IMO I think you should always start the game with T Jones, DMo should get his back up minutes, and to finish the game they should go small with Parsons at the 4.

19. basketballholic

What is the biggest reason you feel Jones should always start but not finish?

Is it to steal minutes for the better players and keep them fresh down the stretch? Or is there some other reason?

I guess what I'm wondering here is if we don't want him to finish games...why would we want him to start games? Why not just let him play minutes with the second unit while our closers (starters) rest?

I'm failing to see the benefit of not starting your closers. Would like to see that discussed.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

WTF? No option for Jeremy Lin?!?

The LOFs are going to be verrrrry angry.