1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More TJo and DMo please

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 16, 2014.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are both playing very well, and rarely do we have a game where they both play poorly - yet we continue to go away from them especially in late game situations.

I think in order for this team to be a COMPLETE team they need to be playing both of them - and whomever is playing the best that day, gets the most minutes.

We can't keep going small, that is not a winning strategy for the playoffs.

So, let's hope McHale gets a call from Morey explaining that we need a PF on the floor, more than not.

DD

2 people like this.
  2. CasspiFan

CasspiFan Member

More Casspi!1111

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yep.

If other teams go small, so be it. You don't always have to try and match up with them. Stay big and force their hand, beat them on the boards.

Plus TJones is more than capable of guarding stretch 4's and 3's. And DMO moves his feet well and his length is always a concern for others.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Going small is a viable strategy.

It has had a lot of success vs good teams like Portland, last time they played the Heat, works very well vs OKC, worked somewhat well this game (poor offensive execution and bad refereeing just made it look worse then it did).

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

It didn't work this game because Ray Allen inexplicably had a great game. If the Heat need Allen to score 20+ points to beat us, I like our chances in a series with them.

6. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

I don't like how they are developing Dmo,why don't they go to him in the post?today Battier was checking him, I was watching it and I could not believe that he was not getting any touches. It's really strange,teams would kill for a left handed seven footer who runs like a deer with developed post skills.

1 person likes this.
  7. noone

noone Rookie

who are you talking about DMo sucks.

8. Deniz

Deniz Member

and Garcia

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I love when people say DMo sucks. Shows how stupid they are. Dmo is our most skilled low post player. He mostly does good things when he gets the ball down low. I would work him in more but I also see the dilemna with Howard on the floor.

10. Exel

Exel Member

And he got 5 of those points from 2 technical, 1 delay of game and 2 illegal defense free throws. He won't be getting that many in a playoff game.

11. noone

noone Rookie

DMo sucks he's not a player for a contender and probably never will be. The skills you claim are imaginary.

12. DaDakota

DMo was playing great today, and so was Tjones.

Playing without them leaves us without so much on defense that it will help on occassion but is a losing proposition in the long run.

Need to play them both and let them develop so that when we get to the playoffs they have confidence and know their roles.

Right now, Tjones gets pulled too quickly and Dmo gets it worse - he barely plays 12mpg lately.

Today he was playing great on both ends and I believe the team was winning with him on the floor - yet he was subbed out.

DD

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo needs to play more.

This team is going no where depending on Lin at the end of games.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Could not disagree more. We need less of these guys to be serious about making noise in the playoffs. Huge mistake by Morey in not upgrading the PF spot this year.

15. DaDakota

Remember Robert Horry? Had to be traded to be forced to shoot? What about Sam Cassell, a rookie who got his legs during the regular season.

Both TJones and Dmo are playing fine, and should have been playing all year long as a rotation.

We have different views on this, I never thought this year's team was a real contender anyway - and that we should have been developing as we go.

DD

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well they have the 6th best record in the league, with PF being the weak link on the team. A couple of extra wins could have put them a couple of spots higher in the standings. Seems like a "real contender" to me. The PF spot could have been upgraded at any point following the Dwight signing, but Morey has chosen not to for whatever reason. Brandon Bass could have killed it for this team hitting the elbow jumper consistently while not hurting their defense or future at all.

17. rocketseagles07

D-mo's ball movement is great on offense but whats been surprising to me is his defense. His overall defensive awareness, stength in the post and off-ball defense has improved and this is coming from someone who though he was so terrible defensively he shouldn't even get playing time

18. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Typically don't agree with you dd but I perfer dmo more than tjones. Jones is a ball stopper. And the handles the ball to much when he gets the pass - with dmo I feel he is playing better team ball. However I still don't think both fit great with the starting line up.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree they both play well most of the time, and whoever is playing better should get the most minutes. I would like to see them post up Dmo some more, it drives me crazy when Dmo and Asik are in the game together and they post up Asik instead of Dmo.

20. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Tjones is awful at defense