[Fantasy] 2015-2016 Premier League Fantasy

Jontro

Lulz, my game plan backfired the schitte out of itself. I have a -24 going in... with 32 points this weekend. That's what, EIGHT points? lulz.

I still have a midweek game, but most of my players probably suck.

Jontro

How did you make 7 transfers? (assuming one is for free)?
my limit was always -12 (3) and that is too much
I don't think there is a limit to stupidity on fpl. For someone like me who is very much stupid enough to make 7 additional transfers in hopes that the 2 games this week will make it up... it's a risk I'm stupid enough to take. Since the last time we had a 2-games week, all my friends had like 130+ points while I had like 54, I thought maybe I could sorta duplicate that.

Besides I'm pretty much fixed at the middle of the table and there is 1 more weekend, so I might as well go out blazing.

I don't think there is a limit to stupidity on fpl. For someone like me who is very much stupid enough to make 7 additional transfers in hopes that the 2 games this week will make it up... it's a risk I'm stupid enough to take. Since the last time we had a 2-games week, all my friends had like 130+ points while I had like 54, I thought maybe I could sorta duplicate that.

Besides I'm pretty much fixed at the middle of the table and there is 1 more weekend, so I might as well go out blazing.
You still got around more than 100 pts more than me

Safe to say, I do not think it is stupid rather that no one I really know has done that so far.

I would have 150 pts if I had not made those costly transfers.

I did the same as you but just spread out on several GWs, just let me say this, I was not on the receiving end.

You got cojones

Jontro

You still got around more than 100 pts more than me

Safe to say, I do not think it is stupid rather that no one I really know has done that so far.

I would have 150 pts if I had not made those costly transfers.

I did the same as you but just spread out on several GWs, just let me say this, I was not on the receiving end.
But there's a big difference when taking a -4 hit during weeks where teams play 2 games. My reasoning (or someone told me, actually) is that say I take a -4 hit on a player who plays twice in a week... he plays the first game and does absolutely nothing but plays 90 minutes. That's 4 points right there, so I already got my points back. That means the second game he plays is what I'm banking on. Of course, I hope that the player does more than nothing and could get at least 8 points the first game, which means I already made +4 points. Then the second game is bonus. The key is only go crazy during double game weeks. On normal weeks, I don't go more than -8.

I dunno, at least that's how it was explained to me. Unfortunately, I suck at picking players, so I chose the wrong players and they end up with like 0 points lulz.

But there's a big difference when taking a -4 hit during weeks where teams play 2 games. My reasoning (or someone told me, actually) is that say I take a -4 hit on a player who plays twice in a week... he plays the first game and does absolutely nothing but plays 90 minutes. That's 4 points right there, so I already got my points back. That means the second game he plays is what I'm banking on. Of course, I hope that the player does more than nothing and could get at least 8 points the first game, which means I already made +4 points. Then the second game is bonus. The key is only go crazy during double game weeks. On normal weeks, I don't go more than -8.

I dunno, at least that's how it was explained to me. Unfortunately, I suck at picking players, so I chose the wrong players and they end up with like 0 points lulz.
I have tried this but it is flawed logic because there is a big element of luck.

Usually when there are 2 games a week plus mid week fixtures like Europa league, idiot managers chose to rest the players on your FPL team. Take my case for example, I picked Sturridge, Clyne, Rashford etc since they had 2 games scheduled this week but all of them did not feature in the first game LMAO

Jontro

I have tried this but it is flawed logic because there is a big element of luck.

Usually when there are 2 games a week plus mid week fixtures like Europa league, idiot managers chose to rest the players on your FPL team. Take my case for example, I picked Sturridge, Clyne, Rashford etc since they had 2 games scheduled this weehis isk but all of them did not feature in the first game LMAO
This is true. But again, Klopp's lineup has been ever changing every week, so LFC players can't be trusted on double game weeks. We also have to take into consideration if the team is playing in Europe. I think West Ham has a double game week and they aren't in any other competitions, so that's why I picked (although picked wrongly) one of their players. Ultimately it is about luck, but we could take a very good educated guess on who could possibly play twice.

Speaking of which, why did you pick Sturridge? He's made of glass and Klopp would never play him a full 90 minute, let alone 2 games in a row.

Jontro

I'm at 30pts lmao, worst double-week evuuur. Momma Tizzle is abandoning me.
Breh, I just saw your lineup. You didn't know Huth got a red card last week? Plus Smalling has a double game week! Same with Cortois.

Btw can I has 10 points pls? that way we can have the same points.

Speaking of which, why did you pick Sturridge? He's made of glass and Klopp would never play him a full 90 minute, let alone 2 games in a row.
Well partly because everyone else has Kane and / or Vardy and it's kind of hoping you can make some difference by having someone who is not amongst other teams and partly because whenever he has played, he seems to score well