Avatars can work, I think the 'members info' box is a little too large at the moment though.
Likes and Messages can go away, replaced with a green peen, maybe center the username under the avatar too

Definitely would like an option to hide avatars and signatures. There was one guy with a signature where he used a huge font that was extremely annoying. Luckily someone told me about the "hide signature" option and I could read the forums again without distraction.

New software looks great so far.

Definitely would like an option to hide avatars and signatures. There was one guy with a signature where he used a huge font that was extremely annoying. Luckily someone told me about the "hide signature" option and I could read the forums again without distraction.

New software looks great so far.
Removing signatures is an option, go to the top right and click on your name, click Preferences and then uncheck the box that says "show signatures"

I threw up an avatar, but I don't like them cluttering the board. Put me in the camp of no or at least an option to go back to something resembling the clean look.

It is also much easier to read at work without a bunch of avatars being seen from a distance and making it clear you are goofing off.

If I can give a suggestion, avatar should be limited to Rockets players in action on the court. Something like what Ceasar posted.
The problem is that you end up with so many of the same avatars. There are just too many members on CF to have enough variety. That's why i customized mine to add a laurel wreath since my name is Caesar and also cropped it to my liking just in case anyone decides to use the same iconic photo of Thorpe and Hakeem doing their best Dutch and Dillion epic hand shake.

I threw up an avatar, but I don't like them cluttering the board. Put me in the camp of no or at least an option to go back to something resembling the clean look.

It is also much easier to read at work without a bunch of avatars being seen from a distance and making it clear you are goofing off.
An option to disable avatars seems the best balance. Those who are for it and welcome change can use their avatars, those who don't can disable avatars. Of course i have no idea how difficult that is to set up. I don't know if i've ever even seen that option in any forum on the internet.