We could always come up with a theme/style that does not display avatars on posts. If everyone dislikes avatars, we could make it the default. I appreciate everyone's honest input on what they see because I'll make a lot of changes. I'm not too worried about look/feel ... even to the extreme of making it look 95% like the current forums, we could do that. I'm first concerned about the functionality/features of the forum software and if that will work. There's a ton for me to learn just by moderating an active forum on this.
Definitely voting for no avatars. The clean look of clutchfans is such a great part of the experience. However, if it's as simple as having a display option that eliminates avatars I guess it doesn't matter.

I think the signatures clutter things up more. Just my opinion. I really like the use of avatars.
Hope people don't abuse the avatar system and get it shut down for everyone. That's my only concern. Someone could just make their avatar a picture of a penis and there's no way to stop that preemptively.

I don't personally like the avatars. As others have said, this forum looks and is cleaner than others. Lack of avatars are a big reason why.

Maybe add a function (if available, Clutch) to hide all avatars for the users who do not like seeing them? Not sure if that is an option as I do not know one thing about forum functions.

CCorn

They're tiny. I don't think there's much clutter. I've seen other forums where they are animated and take up half the screen... Now that's awful.

Then again, am I seeing the forum differently because I'm on mobile?

I just realized i have my browser zoomed in 150% and my only gripe was that the avatars were much too large. Now that i see it at normal size, i don't mind them at all. One thing i can say is that due to the layout of having the avatar with info underneath it, it creates a large unused space on the right hand side when there is only 1 line of text. Too much space between the users post and what time they posted it. So much unused space.

Hope people don't abuse the avatar system and get it shut down for everyone. That's my only concern. Someone could just make their avatar a picture of a penis and there's no way to stop that preemptively.
Agreed, as long as it's not offensive to all on the forum, then it should be deemed acceptable.

You're not going to be allowing avatars beyond this forum, correct? PLEASE do not let this turn into the layout like Spurs Talk. Loathe avatars, love the clean look we have.