1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zones or no Zones. Dan will shine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKETBOOSTER, Apr 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Will the New Rules have Dan langhi backtrotting up the court spewing "who's you daddy" to Gary Payton? Next year, will we witness a 7 footer stroking it like Pedra Stojokovich and b**** slapping the backboard like Darius Miles?

Seriously, zones or no zones Dan Langhi will be our starting small foward next year and he will shine, shine, shine. Dan Langhi is our best transition man we have. Theres no comparison. He leaves every Rocket in the dust when breaking up the court, defensively or offensively. Dan's shooting percetnage is misleading, also. His stroke will quickly resurrect with consistent minutes. Dan's a 7 footer who can beat his man of the dribble without doing 10 Moochi Norris afro shakes. And if teams get zone happy and collapse Dan will swishy, swish, swish, the net all night long.

I think it's time we throw some legit nicknames out there for Dan because next year they'll be well deserved.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited April 13, 2001).]

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Wow, a shiver of excitement ran up my spine when you compared Langhi to Stojokovich.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

3. Band Geek Mobster

The Great White Dope,,,

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Looks like its time for an Air Langhi song.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Thunder Dan would have been perfect if it wasn't Dan Marjerle's. [​IMG]

I dunno,...D-Lank?

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dan "The Man" Langhi

------------------

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Dan "Lightfoot" Langhi
    Dainty Dan Langhi
    Dan "Vandy" Langhi
    Lightning Dan

Anything other than Dan lanky.

------------------

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Thats just the way it is...oh yeah----Tupac Shakur(Well, his backup singer actually)

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He can play, and IMHO he would have been the difference in making the playoffs this year, if Rudy would not be so slow to make a change from Walt.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think Dan should definitely be given a shot to start next year...maybe he and a rookie SF battling for the starting spot in the pre-season. Unless we come up with Battier in the draft, Dan should be considered.

It would be nice if he could become a Peja/Nowitzki type of player, and he would have his hops and explosive drives to go along with it.

------------------

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Damn...

Damn Lanky!!!

------------------
    snap crackle pop

12. davo

davo Contributing Member

If Dan Langhi is our starting small forward next year, then things will have gone seriously wrong for the Rockets in the off season.

------------------
    ..as a man danced so the drums were beaten for him.
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

13. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

just the way if Cato was our Center something went seriously wrong! Right [​IMG]

------------------

14. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

davo, It's fotunate you're names not Rudy T. and you're a horrble judge of basketball talent.

------------------