1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zeke At It Again: Francis to NY?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gucci888, Feb 14, 2006.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39138/20060214/knicks_going_after_francis_hard/

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

YEAH more combo guards for NY. He'll fit right in there with the rest of those shoot-first, never pass guards. (Marbury, Richardson, Crawford, Robinson, etc)

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The Knicks have the worst plans of rebuilding...they have no direction, just add pieces that dont fit.

That Thomas character running the show is about as worthless as it gets.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Well I think Crawford would probably be part of the deal.

But a Marbury/Francis/Q backcourt would be the most expensive and dumbest in the league.

6. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

That's actually a good deal for New York. Francis is a better combo guard than Crawford. They're not going to win anything anyways, so they might as well make it interesting pairing Marbury and Francis.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

don't they have a cheaper version in crawford? Zeke never amazes me.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Two players that do the same exact thing? Sounds like fun, if for nothing else, I love watching train wrecks

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm not the biggest Francis fan, but that would be pretty cool to see how they work out together.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

It would be an absolute disaster, but as a neutral observer, it's an experiment I would be interested in seeing.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

francis has what, $50M left over the next 3 years? so it sounds like he's priced just about right for the knicks. and they've already got his nba clone (style, talent, and career arc-wise) so it makes no sense from a personnel perspective, which means it makes perfect sense to the knicks.

simmons said the knicks and orlando should trade marbury for francis every few months to get the "before they wear there welcome out" version of each over and over, but knicks may just bring them together. but i doubt this trade happens anyway.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Marbury and Francis in the same backcourt would cause the universe to implode. But you know the opposing guards who have to defend them are gonna loose sleep.

13. Biggienaz786

Biggienaz786 Member

i just don't see how this can be remotely true -

a few days ago i read - i think either in the NY Daily News or the NY Post or something - that Larry Brown, in his attempt to right the team, gave Isiah a wishlist of players to get/trade for. i wanna say that i read names like theo ratliff, etc.

i honestly don't believe that francis, with all of his baggage and his un-fundamentals, is on that list to correct what's wrong with the knicks. he just seems to be more of the same problem.

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Well they'll still be the Knicks, but you'd be crazy to not want to watch that team play. How many times did we have those Marbury vs Francis threads? Francis would obviously be the 2 guard because of his superior driving ability and ability to pull off crazy circus shots, not to mention pick up the and one. It's not as if we CARE about if the Knicks do well or not. Might as well root for the entertainment value of the situation.

2000th post!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Isiah Thomas = r****ded A$$hole.

He keeps throwing money at his problems and no one will stop him.

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Oh. Hell. Yes.

We've got the Knicks' 2nd round pick. If they trade for Francis, we'll surely get the first pick in the 2nd round. Make the call, Zeke. We're (Rockets fans) all counting on you.

17. neverfated

neverfated Contributing Member

Those are some pretty hostile words. Why do you care how Isiah spends other people's money?

If the Knicks can get rid of Jamal Crawford and get Francis in return, I'm all for it. If you think Francis is turnover prone and makes horrible decisions, you've never seen Crawford play. He negates all his wonderful offensive talents by turnovers in critical minutes of the game (not mentally tough). He'd probably do alot better in Orlando where they have Jameer Nelson, a real point guard taking care of all the thinking.

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Sounds like the Rockets to me. DA and Jon Barry should be playing big roles on this team. Instead we've got Chuck Hayes and Keith Bogans seeing time due to our idiot coach. Ridiculous.

Anyways, back to the point, I think Francis could help NY very much. He'll flourish there.

#18 Aceshigh7, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't want DA's 9% shooting on the floor. Give me Bogans.

As far as Steve going to NY, it would be terrible with Larry Brown and the constraints he puts on the offense and the headgames he plays. He'd have a worse statistical season than he did under Gundy.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

How can Isiah be this incompetant as a GM. The guy was on one of the best assembled championship teams back them and all he would have to do is take the framework of that team and build around it in NY. But he keeps just getting crap players for so much money that don't do a damn for that team...definitly not doing a good job.