1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Zanesville Time Recorder] Kevin Martin: Career is at 'highest point'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jun 26, 2011.

1. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20110626/SPORTS/106260340/Kevin-Martin-Career-highest-point-?odyssey=nav|head

Kevin Martin: Career is at 'highest point'

[​IMG]
    Kevin Martin, a Zanesville native, cheers a dunk by a Houston Rockets teammate during an April game. Martin's pleased with how his career is progressing, no matter what the Rockets' recent coaching change means for his future. / Melissa PhiLlip/Houston Chronicle

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i wouldnt trade him unless something huge swung our way. we need a foul getter to slow down the momentum of runs by the other team, even though its basketball that i particularly dont like to watch. anything for a rockets win.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That means he's peaked and now declining, TRADE HIM!! NOW!!! QUICKLY!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He said the same thing last year...but honestly his shooting % has not been trending upwards.

He is a nice complimentary role player, whose role is to score, but he is not someone to build around, IMO.

DD

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The Zanesville Time Recorder?

1 person likes this.
  6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No its not trending down at all. The last three years at Sac it did trend from .420 to .417 to .380 but the last year and a half with Houston it has been .435 and .436 respectively which is definitely trending up. Same can be said for his three point percentage which was the highest last season at .380 then it has been in a few season.

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

He shot better from the field than guys like Melo (let's just ignore his FTs) and he had his best year shooing from the field since 07-08, not sure what you're smokin lol.

8. DaDakota

43% is ok, but it is not exactly elite now is it?

If you include all the Free throws, his TS% is up there for sure, the guy, IMO, is an uber role player.

A scorer, and nothing else.....he is not irreplaceable, and if you can find someone that fits the team better as a two way player, he is expendable.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

This worst time to trade him now. You may not think so, but we filled a very big need with drafting of Morris. He is going to make Kmart so much more efficient. A player that can post with the best of them and knock down the 3. Him and Martin will be a tandem is this league

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

If we would of made the playoffs and he would of averaged 25 points per game in the playoffs, would you still say he is expendable? I highly doubt it. This is what he is capable of. I can tell you know, If we make the Playoffs next year, He will be the biggest key to our success.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You have to realize that due to the ridiculous amount of threes he takes his FG% is not calculated fairly right? Same thing happened to Aaron Brooks. Dude has an extremely high TS% (true shooting), but low FG%.

12. RedRocket15

RedRocket15 Member

Hahaha! I know right. What kind of name is that?

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Just admit you are wrong DD and move on. Your said 2 way shooting guard that's going to replace Martin does not exist or is not available to us eg Wade Kobe and Gino.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, he does not.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

yes it would be nice to get Dwyane Wade or Kobe Bryant, but there really isn't anything else at the 2 that is an upgrade (and given ages and our team only one would be).

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

when Martin says he is going to get better, he does it

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It just really blows my mind how you always talk about how you like guys who "play the right way" but then the players you're in love with always play the wrong way. Aaron Brooks. Von Wafer. Vassillis Spanoulis (who played so wrong he didn't play at all). Am I missing anyone? But Martin, the most efficient scorer in the league? Nothing special. Totally expendable.

18. DaDakota

JM,

I don't think he is a bad player, why do people leap to that conclusion?

I like KMart, wanted him for YEARS before we got him, but now that we are rebuilding, I think he is one of the most tradeable assets we have, and IMO, we won't be contending anytime soon, so use it to get a younger 2 way player with upside.

Kmart is a VERY efficient scorer, and is a very smart player, no doubt.

I don't hate the guy, I just want the team to contend, ASAP, and sometimes you have to move the guys ahead of others to develop young talent.

DD

19. DaDakota

Oh, and stop linking me to erroneous bits about players I like....I also like Lowry, Ming, Scola, Martin, Lee, Budinger.....SHEESH !

DD

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You do realize that in AB's MIP year, where you considered him a building block, he shot the exact same percentages, right? Your bias is ridiculous.