1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zack Lowe Piece on Pelicans and why I think Asik to New Orleans is inevitable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Jul 9, 2013.

?

Should the Rockets trade Asik to Pelicans for Anderson?

1. NO

145 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Yes

46 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Yes, but only if they get more than just Anderson.

175 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. MystikArkitect

Trading Asik for LMA makes the most sense. Morey values the trade deadline, that's probably when it'll happen. 7'0" defensive anchors don't grow on trees, and Morey has two of them at his disposal. He's in no rush.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

#bewill averaged 6ppg last year in the NBA?

Which one?

WOW @ Roderick Rhodes lol.....this hypothetical throw in (Rivers) on the rockets would be a back-up, end of the bench player.

Gotta love the soothsayers on this site. lol

Can tell the future, but cant tell time.

For a throw in player of absolutely no repercussion one way or the other.....it wont have an effect at all on the team....

It's just a crap shoot...

just like Terrence Williams, Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, etc...

This is right in Morey's wheelhouse to take a player like that as a throw in...just in case.

3. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

He can't wait for trade deadline. If we are trying to win a championship why would we trade at the deadline? Redevelop chemistry?

4. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Not a bad idea as long as they include a 2014 first or second round pick.

5. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

asik for ryan andersen AND austin rivers doesn't sound too bad either.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

what? Rivers sucks we'd be doing them a favor?

7. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

no disrespect....but have you seen Austin Rivers play basketball? In the NBA? Absolutely not. Beverly and Lin would fleece him.

8. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

aha true true

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

New Orleans looks like they NEED a center badly now.

We might benefit a bit from an Anderson for Asik swap, but we certainly don't need it.

The market for good centers will continue to dwindle as the season gets going. Asik is staying with us AT LEAST until the start of the season. I can almost guarantee it. He's such a rare commodity.

10. chandlerbang21

worst excuse to give bad players contracts

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

No, we don't NEED a PF. What's the difference between Ryan Anderson playing the PF and Parsons/DMO/Greg Smith playing the PF? Anderson will cost us Asik, while DMO/Smith/Parsons are already on the team. Anderson's a decent player, but the only way I'd parti with Asik for him is if they give us a Noel type of asset to go with him.

To be quite honest, I have no problem with investing 28M to our center spot if it will ensure we'll have 48 mins of elite paint protection.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We probably don't have enough 3pt shooters just yet. If you could mold the perfect PF for the Rockets lineup as constructed, it would be a long-armed rebounding machine who could also hit the open shot on the outside. The most important attribute there being the ability to hit the open shot. Post moves and defense are icing on the cake, but not essential.

Basically, I just described Kevin Love. LMA has more positive attributes than Love, but in our line-up they just may not be utilized to their full potential. Kevin Love fits this team like a glove. You may argue that with his shooting and his offensive rebounding, Ryan Anderson is a poor man's Kevin Love and that's ok. But let's not seal our fate so early: I have the feeling we could easily get Anderson for Asik at any point in the upcoming season. One of the better PF's, however, might come loose in the time intervening. So for now we wait...

13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Morey will wait until the trade deadline or next offseason and get a better deal than Ryan Anderson.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson is not a championship caliber PF

15. Flops

Flops Member

Asik is one of the best C's in the league and there is no rush to make a move right now. As much as I am dieing to see that last piece that Morey will pull in...I think we can do better than Anderson.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

this is exactly what I thought of when I first heard of the rumor. we are always trying to take the next step towards a title and I do not see how Anderson gets us closer to a title. on the other hand having two top 6 centers is extremely valuable for a championship roster.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Asik for Anderson AND Biyombo. Otherwise, no deal.

18. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Is there a way we could work a deal for Jrue & Anderson for Asik & Lin?

Would be very nice, I mean they have Tyreke, Rivers & Jrue I don't understand the pg situation. Gordan has to start at SG

19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I know the rockets have all of their first round picks going forward but does anyone know how many second round pick they have now after the trades.

20. xakle

xakle New Member

New Orleans doesn't want Asik. Not at least just Asik for Anderson. You can argue back and forth on who is the better player, but it's clear who's more valuable to both Houston & New Orleans at this point. Houston doesn't need Asik. They need a Ryan Anderson type of player.

Likewise, if New Orleans dumps Anderson, they no longer have a PF/C that can shoot 3's. They already have two bigs that project to be paint protectors in Davis & Withey. They also have three guards that are very good at getting into the paint and kicking it out to shooters. Dumping Anderson would just have teams pack the paint and prevent that from happening.

To think that New Orleans would give up Anderson + others just for Asik is laughable. You could make the argument in reverse as well, which makes it clear that no trade will happen.