1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Zach Lowe]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 25, 2014.

1. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Podcast mostly about the Rockets-Blazers series.

Fantastic listen.

Lot of good points about whether it actually makes sense to double LMA (it is not as clear cut as the casual media would have you think)

Also some really good stuff about MoreyBall

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=10836207

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree about the doubling. It opens a whole new can of worms. Which is why I keep insisting we try DMo. He is absolutely the best perimeter big defender we have. I'm not saying he can stop him just maybe slow him down a bit.

DMo has more lateral quickness and handles switches much better than Asik. Plus he screens better, moves the ball better and he actually can contribute some on offense.

His only drop off is in low post D but most of his time he will be out on the perimeter so this is the idea time to use him. I doubt McHale will do it but it's just stupid not to at least try it.

1 person likes this.
  3. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

can you give me a summation on lowe' opinion of morey ball?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not doubling him once he has the ball, but before he has it. You just have to make him uncomfortable. Bang him a lot before he gets the ball. There's no reason guys like Omer can't do that. I don't think DMo is physical enough to take on LMA. LMA would attack him and foul him out pretty easily.

5. dmoneybangbang

Either way you would be leaving a man open when you double team. Omer was pretty physical with Aldridge, but Aldridge is a pretty big dude himself.

It's easy in hind sight to so say this and that should have been done. However, I am of the opinion you make Aldridge shoot mostly contested mid range shots over leaving Lillard, Batum, and Matthews open to double team. This Rocket's team just isn't that good with team defense to consistently make smart rotations.

6. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Man, Zach Lowe had Houston in 5 before the series started.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You can't do any worse then allowing 89 points in two games. Dmo is part of the solution.

8. rocketseagles07

Asik has done a good job on aldridge but when he's on that shot is not guardable just like dirks fade away. I can't believe you guys really think D-MO is going to be a solution. LMA can't possibly shoot like this for 4 games.....

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

why not? it already looks so easy for him.

10. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

the problem of putting Asik on LMA is on O he is a liability and cant coexist with Dwright, TT never worked in REG. Dmo is not a bad choice on guarding LMA but a much better option on O for his skill and range. TJ is undersized cant do **** to LMA neither REB over Lopez, hes a bad match up and shouldnt start. but the clown head coach with a mouth full of "match up" in reg. season cant spot it and make a change when it matters. :shrug:

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Anyone know what Ryan Bowen is up to these days?

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This. I'm ok with letting LMAshoot the long jumpers. No way he can keep it up. No way.