1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: "Rockets - least watchable of all playoffs teams"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

In my experience, the Rockets announcers complain about officiating about as much as any other home team announcers so I honestly don't get the stuff about them being too homerish. And they're among the few announce crews that will actually b**** about the Rockets when they're playing badly. There are some crews out there that NEVER criticize the home players. It's like there's a team representative sitting behind them with a gun pointed at their heads.

That said, I think Bill is slowing down, Bullard is simply not as funny as he wishes he was (thank God Chase Budinger is gone so we don't have to hear that "Hey, Bud, let's party!" line anymore). Clyde I actually don't mind, not because he's good but because he's so freaking weird that there aren't words to describe him. There's something to be said for having a guy out there who will say just about anything that falls out of his brain.

I guess the uniforms and court are dull, but the last time Les tried to be stylish we got the pajama uniforms, so be careful what you wish for?

It is true that the Rockets played ugly last year, mainly when Harden sat down and whenever Dwight decided it was time to try posting up again. It's amazing that they were as good as they were while relying entirely on one guy. Hopefully Lawson will help out with this.

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much what he did at UH, too.

His stint there as HC was an embarrassment.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

non se·qui·tur
    \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər also -ˌtu̇r\

noun

1: an inference that does not follow from the premises; specifically :a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent

2: a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

ZL's LP rankings:

30. Charlotte
    29. Denver
    28. Brooklyn
    27. Detroit
    26. Philadelphia
    25. Portland
    24. Los Angeles Lakers
    23. Indiana
    T-22. Orlando
    T-22. Utah
    20. Houston
    19. Phoenix
    T-18. Milwaukee
    T-18. Toronto
    16. New York
    15. Boston
    14. Minnesota
    13. Dallas
    12. San Antonio
    11. Miami
    10. Atlanta
    9. Memphis
    8. Chicago
    7. Washington
    6. Oklahoma City
    5. Sacramento
    4. Cleveland
    3. New Orleans
    2. Los Angeles Clippers
    1. Golden State

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Also the Bulls first 3 peat had an all red floor and theirs is classic.

Red is fine as long as you use the right shade of red. The current official red the Rockets use is too faded and pink looking in some ways. Needs to be a deeper, more vibrant red. Also don't use grey like they did before as an accent color. Just adds to the dull look of it all.

I'd rather the Rockets use white instead of no color at all
    [​IMG]
    That breathes life into it at least.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Agree with most of this. Regarding commentary, it boggles my mind Clyde is not out of a job yet. That being said, the whole crew are bad and they influence each other. It was not a coincidence that Bill was much better with Calvin for that one game last year. Talking about nicknames is so cringeworthy, Scorey Brewer was the last horrendous suggestion. I am so happy no more Budinger, but also Chandler Bang and Triple Dekker are just awful. Athreeza same. Always corny lines and overused phrases.

7. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Clyde is just not good at being a commentator and having to come up with funny/witty things off the cuff. But putting 2 of the corniest white dudes ever in Worrell and Bullard together is an even worse mistake. When Calvin was there he made up for Worrells corniness by bringing a little...zazz to the broadcast. I really wish they would stick Bullard and drexler in studio and free calvin to do all games. Other teams have some terrible ex player announcers too like Sean Elliott or dominique wilkins. The best Ive heard is Walt Clyde Frazier. That dude knows how to turn a phrase.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Let's face it, for a contending team, it's very hilarious that the Rox fail 4 out of 5 times on every fast break opportunity while having the opponent at a disadvantage. Just replay some games last season and you have to just laugh. How can a contending team be so shaky in that situation?

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/fastbreak-efficiency

10. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

3 letters - W C F

That is all:grin:

11. bmd

bmd Member

You have to embrace the corniness.. don't fight it. They are purposely trying to out-corny each other.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

My main gripe with our announcing crew is their over-use of only FIRST names.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I thanked God every day that in I didn't playoffs I didn't have to hear our guys.

14. bmd

bmd Member

We're all on a first name basis around here.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Who does this...smh. He has the NEW YORK KNICKS ahead of the ROCKETS as a League Pass TEAM. Knick fans want NOTHING to do with that cluster f___ of a team...

16. bmd

bmd Member

I mean yeah, the Rockets are one of the top teams in the league who play an uptempo style and bomb away from 3, but the Knicks have cool uniforms and a pretty court with the pretty blue and orange colors. How could you not tune in for that display?

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Harden is the best, most amazing player on the planet right now, but guys, if the T-Wolves are on....I gotta watch that beautiful basketball yo.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

On New York:

19. dmoneybangbang

Clyde just kills it for our announcers, I don't listen to them anymore at home. It's embarassing how he isn't prepared and just blurts out idiotic cliches...

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is Lowe schizophrenic? He says several nice things about the Rockets in the most offensive way possible. The guy had to enjoy doing that. Perhaps his entire list is supposed to be a joke.