1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: "Rockets - least watchable of all playoffs teams"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Oct 20, 2015.

1. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Is this why he thinks TJones might get 15M a year? Because he watches the Rockets one out of every ten games they play.

2. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Yep, especially if it's a close game I mean I would much rather hear Bill or Clyde complain about a missed call by the ref against us than hear the opposing team's announcers complain against one of our players and get me even more worked up in a tense situation. It is what it is, to each his own.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Yep. That's how I am.

If I'm watching Harden get free throws in a late game situation, I don't want to hear from the other team's announcers about Harden flopping to get a call and then rattle off with disdain the number of free throws he's taken this season.

I'd much rather listen to Bullard talk about how yes Harden does accentuate the contact, but he really did get fouled when he got raked across the arms and he's a crafty player.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Is a team supposed to care if Zach Lowe enjoyed watching them??

Who gives a crap? I'll thoroughly enjoy all 82+ games this season. So Zach Lowe can S my D!

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not finding the quote "Rockets - least watchable of all playoff teams." Did Zach Lowe really say that?

If not, this is trollery by the dude who was going 100% racist in the Dish.

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lowe . Mavs fan?

7. Handles

Handles Member

I switch between broadcasts throughout the game. Normally I'll watch the first half on the opponent's feed and the second half on the rockets feed (unless it's a blowout, then I camp out on the opponent's broadcast).

I just like getting the entire NBA's perspective on our team. It's interesting to hear what other broadcast teams have to say about us.

Definitely in close games, you can bet I'll be watching our broadcast.

8. bmd

bmd Member

I get the curiosity factor. I do that some too.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Well he ranked the teams and so far the Rockets are there in the middle of a bunch of non-contenders so...

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So . . . what? Therefore Zach Lowe said that? No, Zach Lowe did not say that.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

He did say that, just in other words. I shortened it, so that people who are not going to go through all teams could figure where we stand, according to Lowe.
    I do sometimes listen to opposing team commentary, but only if it's teams like Raptors or Jazz. Those guys have great commentary. You wouldn't even know it's Jazz's home crew how unbiased they are usually. At least prior to Gobertsanity, when they didn't have much to be excited about.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Zach is right. We play horrible offense and no offense. We make the spurs fun to watch and I use to hate watching them

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Lol@shot taken at Howard.

There are so many A-holes in professional sports, and they take shots at Howard. I just don't get it.

Also, is our court that ugly? I never thought it was spectacular, but I guess nothing is ugly when you consider the ol' shark-rockets court/logo.

At least he knows Harden IS actually getting fouled and not flopping. And let's be honest, we do have some straight up homer callers. I'm not sure Clyde even watches the play before he automatically defends the Rockets player. It's the home team, so what if it's a bit biased? The national announcers are the ones who should remain completely unbiased.

Being that I haven't lived in Houston for a while, I've had the privilege of sampling all the other team announcers. Most of them are pretty biased, some more than others.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Other sports websites would not post a link with that title, because it is misleading (false). But you think it is OK for ClutchFans.

15. malakas

malakas Member

not only he didn't write it but also the title is a bait/troll attempt from the OP a known troll.

no.30 charlotte and no. 27 Detroit and no. 23 Indiana and no.22 Utah are ranked bellow the Rockets and are likely playoff teams.

I have to say that the crew taht calls the Rockets games are horrible if you are not a homer. And this league pass guide is for neutral fans who will pick a team to watch in league pass not homers.
    And most neutral fans want to watch good offence or team play or potential not free throws. Just because a team may be not popular to watch to a part of the fans doesn't mean it's not good.

I disagree with a lot of his rankings too.
    The worst team to watch should have been the Nets because they're garbage. I don't care about the atmosphere if I have to watch Jarett Jack Joe Johnson and Brook lopez.
    Then Philly. Does anyone here catch any Philly games when they aren't against their team?
    Then the Mavs. Why would anyone pick to watch the Mavs this year?

My personal rankings are
    30.Nets
    29.Philly
    28.Mavs
    27.Nuggets
    26.Lakers (not interested except a couple of highlights from their rookies)
    25.Knicks
    24.Jazz (can't handle the absolutely no offence, no playmaking thing going on but it's good to put you to sleep if you have insomnia)
    23.Portland (good to watch a couple of games and see how CJ Mcollum is doing but no more)
    22.Sacramento (interested if there are some trainwreck alert but not for bball reasons)
    21. Minny (watch their young players but they will still play bad bball so can't watch too many games)
    20. Boston. (WHY watch a team full or roleplayers and IT?)
    19. Indiana (will they lose their defensive identity completely? But there's Monta Ellis chucking to turn anyone away sooner or later)
    18.PHX not interested in wathing Brandon Knight after making me reach my limits as a bball fan for most of last season lol
    17 Charlotte (they seem to play nice fun offence so far in preseason)
    16.Memphis -probably not so popular because the grinding gets tiring after some time
    15. Wizards (not my taste but gotta see a little how my favourite role player Dudley does)
    14. Toronto (if they turn to iso chuck fest again no reason to watch unless to make fun of the hundreds of bipolar Craptor fans )
    13/12 Detroit, Magic to see if they take the next step
    11 Clippers. A team to watch for "hate" reasons because they are all antipathetic top to bottom always whining.
    10. Chicago. Gotta know your "enemy" and to make fun of how Noah has fallen. Will Rose be able to play 50 games? Will Rose and Buttler end up in fist fights in the middle of a match?
    9. NO. Anthony DAVIS
    8. Atlanta (good team if you like team basketball. Fun to watch :) )
    7. Miami very very interesting team
    6-5-4Spurs OKC Cavs will watch many many games because there are too many interesting things.
    3. Warriors
    2-1 My teams Rockets- Bucks that I will try to watch as many games as possible.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I'm not sure why people are so defensive about homerism and official complaining. Both of those are true. I watch a lot more of other teams' announcers and we are most definitely among the more biased and whine than typical. Yes, there are worse, but I feel they're only "worse" because they talk crap of the Rockets and that feels uncomfortable with me as a Rockets fan. But I cringe so much when Worrell or Clyde make stupid comments and this happens very often.

I feel there are a few really, really good crews in the NBA, Knicks and Wolves especially and some others that escape my mind. There's a big blob in the middle of homerish people with middling NBA knowledge and corny jokes, the Rockets belong there, probably towards the lower end. And then there are some that are just terrible because they don't really comment and say much of anything besides the plays. We're not that bad. But nowhere near the best local crews.

17. dream2franchise

Mostly accurate regarding the commentary, very accurate regarding Harden, DMo and Co.

The shot at Dwight? I don't get it.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I like Lowe but it's very unbecoming when he gets too "precious" about his basketball.

19. the shark

the shark Member

Who gives a rats ass what this dude thinks.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't stand reading his garbage. Anyone who ranks a top 4 team as 20 is a complete idiot. Entertainment is more fun when you win, thus, making us fun to watch. Sorry you don't like the team, Sach Blowe, but you're not going to see a comedy of errors that make you laugh from this team. We're taking the NBA by storm. Sorry if you find that offensive.

1 person likes this.