1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe about James Harden: "He is the best PG in the League"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4Life13, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rockets4Life13

I feel like im dreaming. Can somebody punch me in my face so i can wakeup? Did james just get credit from the media? Amazing.

Zach Lowe on Espn The Jump:
    " to me he's the best PG in the League right now, above steph curry, chris paul and russ"

Soo im on my mobile, so im not able to post the video, but u can look it up on the youtube channel of the jump.

Theres also a good analysis on what exactly james harden does when passing the ball.

Nook, Dgn1, PhiSlamma15 and 7 others like this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

Actually i got the link for you here:

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lowe has always been fair to the Rockets, though some here think the opposite.

It's a big claim that he made but I doubt he did it just to grab headlines a la Bayless or Cowherd.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Dwight's 'sad post-ups' lmao

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

happy to hear our fat and slow PG getting some recognition

6. Rockets4Life13

He is just way stronger than other PG, that makes him bulky but not fat.

Exiled likes this.
  7. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

It's hard to make an argument that any other point in the league has been head and shoulders above Harden. Good to see the media isn't trying to contort itself to do so. Give the man his due.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#8 DreamShook, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How nice is it to have Fat Nash on our team?

Exiled, hakeem94 and Handles like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree.

I think what Rockets fans find annoying is his unwillingness to acknowledge the unvarnished hate the Rockets (and Harden) receive from(in) the media. He often dismisses it as Rockets fan being whiny. I think he has even called us one of the whiniest fan bases in the NBA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Let's just hope Harden doesn't read this before the game tonight.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see him getting recognition for the year he's having. I def think it's between him and Westbrook for the "best point guard so far this season" title, and there are valid arguments either way. Obviously Curry and CP3 are in the conversation as well.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

"B-b-but he will never win a championship as our playmaker and something, something Rubio!"

heypartner, ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Lowe was only harsh on us in the past because of Dwight. Same goes for most the media.

feels more comfy now that we aren't the most hated team.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whenever Harden gets recognition he doesn't usually play well.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will say this James at the key off the screen, charging down is almost unsolvable. He can and will drive if he gets a slow defender on the switch or he will lob knowing Clint is getting a smaller guy. Or he will dish to Ariza, Gordon or Ryan for a wide open three if their defender sags on him while he is driving. This combination of elite driving and passing ability is deadly.

Sometimes, instead of running the screen, he will just swing it to one of the above open shooters if he senses the entire defense tilts towards him.

What's not to like? Clearly he is thinking it through and I much prefer him doing that than charging downhill trying to do it on the fly.

Teams have made some adjustments and he is adapting pretty quickly. For example, the Mavs weren't sending the big to follow the screen but have the big stop at two steps below the screen trying to impede him while he was driving. That didn't work well as he was still able to drive and find the open teammate on the spot.

#16 YallMean, Dec 12, 2016
    s3ts, Red Chocolate, Voltik and 3 others like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's a lie. Media has hated the Rockets ever since Hakeem beat New York in the finals. It wasn't because of Dwight, it just made it worse.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It'll be something to look back on Harden's career and remember that once he was the best shooting guard in the NBA only to switch over to point guard and become one of the elites there as well.

19. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Anterior Pelvic Tilt. Not fat.

20. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Never liked that fat chick on this show. She is a certified Rockets hater and always tries to find a way to jab at them. She still mad at the fact that Rockets got Howard bc she's a Lakers homer.

#20 ROXonROXonROX, Dec 12, 2016