1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lavine, worthwhile target next summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonatelloLimestone, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Would you max Zach Lavine?

1. Yes! Elite athletic entertaining scorer, still getting better

37.0%
  2. No, just a scorer, not worth a max

63.0%
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green is compared to MJ and Kobe not just because of his preternatural ability to sky and hang in the air but also because of his confidence.

Kid is fearless and cutthroat.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I would rather tank for a top 3 pick in 22 and 23. Lavine hasn't taken a team to the playoffs. he's not the guy that changes your franchise. He will only win just enough games to prevent us from getting a top pick.

I'd rather use our cap space to take on bad money with incoming draft picks, and use the MLE on Horton-Tucker. Only 20, would be in the mix to be drafted 6-10 if in the draft this year. He would be a great fall back if we don't keep our pick. the MLE is about the same money as a top draft pick makes too, and the lakers aren't likely to match that kind of offer.

he and porter can accelerate our rebuild even if we don't keep our pick. they project as high level starters but won't ruin our rank in 22 and 23 so we can draft future all stars. and even if we keep our pick this year then we can have 3 potential all stars with 2 high level starters.

saleem and Milos like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen vs PROFESSIONALS

Caesar, saleem, ApacheWarrior and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Zach LaVine might be willing to take a slight discount with the Chicago Bulls if it means the team is able to add key role players around him, sources tell the Chicago Sun-Times.

Before the start of the 20-21 season, several outlets reported that it was important for LaVine to sign for max money moving forward.

LaVine is finishing his fourth season with the Bulls and his seventh in the NBA. LaVine has yet to reach the playoffs in any of them.

“I’ve been making strides each and every year,’’ LaVine said. “I’m going to continue to do that. But it’s not about me. I would love to have just the opportunity to go out there and play and compete and showcase what I can do on a bigger stage. I’m going to get there. But we just have to work for it.’’

LaVine signed a four-year, $80 million offer sheet with the Sacramento Kings in 2018 that the Bulls matched.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, let's add another role player to a team of role players.

CK Johnson likes this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Best young UFA on the market next yr, but why on earth would he want to come to Houston?

I guess it’s fun to dream.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clear number 2 in the draft imo, with a chance to go number 1 too. Cade is number 1 for me, but this kid is close.

Little Bit and ApacheWarrior like this.
  8. saleem

No need to have him on the rebuilding Rockets. No max for no D and no playmaking.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. saleem

He is smart. He can change pace and score after freezing his defender out. He isn't a blackhole. His defense needs improvement, but he can grab steals. If he was 21, his stock would be lower. He is 19, with room to grow.
    @ApacheWarrior You introduced me to him. I started watching him after that. Thanks.

D-rock, ApacheWarrior and coachbadlee like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Green will be better

coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Did Wall waive the rest of his contract and I somehow missed it?

Where would we get the money to sign him?

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

absolutely fair. Im not going to lose sleep if we land Cade Cunningham for sure. I just like the dynamic of a true scorer on the team vs another facilitator.

ApacheWarrior, coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  13. saleem

There is no doubt that Green is a true scorer. I don't see Cade as another facilitator. He can score efficiently, defend and pass. His size and feel for the game is very good. Green has the advantage in athleticism and he is very explosive.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Green is going to be a great player but he needs more years to mature as a NBA player. He is not a leader as Sugg and Cade

saleem likes this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't necessary disagree with the take, but we speak as if this current team is attractive to Zack. Why would he want to come here. From his perspective, his Bulls added several pieces and is not last in the league.

D-rock likes this.
  16. saleem

True, but I wouldn't pick Suggs over Green. Cade has always been my number 1 choice.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't even understand how it's the year 2021 and these people still don't understand how the salary cap works AT ALL. It's like all the good work Bimathug does is for naught.

Haymitch and D-rock like this.