1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your thoughts on who should start at PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JusBleezy, Oct 17, 2005.

?

Who should start at the PF position?

1. Juwan Howard

154 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Stromile Swift

440 vote(s)
    74.1%
  1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I don't agree with rushing things. Our early schedule is very tough and we need to take it one game at a time. We don't need to rush "the future" because the playoffs don't start for another 6-7 months. That said, I will be disappointed if Stromile hasn't earned the starting nod before February. But if JVG rushes things and messes up our chemistry at the beginning, it could cost us a few games with no benefit. We shouldn't start Swift now just because it seems inevitable.

2. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

i bet anyone a penny that juwon howard is gonna be traded.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I don't know about it. I think Juwon Howard is still very important to the team. He provides instant offense from the bench and he is also a good compliment to Deke's game when Yao sits.

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

No way JH gets traded. Swift hasn't proven what he can do with 30+ mpg nor has he proven himself to be durable enough to make JH expendable.

5. urnuhome

urnuhome Contributing Member

Here is who I think should start the game... Give Stromile the early start so he can Run, Dunk and Block along side of TMac and Protect Yao's Back!

Starters Ball Busters Sam's Decision (DNP)

Yao Deke Lonnie Baxer
    Stromile Howard Moochie Norris
    TMac DA Sura (Injured)
    Barry Head Ryan Bowen
    Skip Wesley The Other Guy!

Even though JVG isnt going to run a 10 man rotation, this isnt a bad line up... We have scoring energy and speed on Starters and on the Ball Busters! We ought to let Stro go with the flow and start the games to protect Yaos back and bring more energy in the firt period and then J. Howard can come off the bench and bring his Scoring and Passing to build on our early lead!

This is just my line up! Like they say, with out sports there would be no coaches (At Home Coaches that is )...

See you guys in Finals against Miami!

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Interesting starting lineup with Barry in there. I never thought of starting Barry because I don't believe he has the defensive ability to keep up with most of the athletic 2's in the league. That is unless your solution to that is to switch Tmac to the athletic 2's. Don't get me wrong, I love Barry's leadership, passing, and ability to knock down the shot from anywhere on the floor but the defensive liability he would become occasionally will neutralize what he brings offensively. I agree with everyone else on your list though. Thanks for your input, you actually made think about something I never have before. Who woulda thunk!? :D

*Notices he's a hot topic on the homepage* !! :)

(Maybe a board veteran can help me here but isn't that one of the clutch board trifecta or something?) :)

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Here's my opening day lineup:
    5 Yao, Deke, Stro. Using Stro at the 5 could be a good way to reduce Deke's minutes during the season.
    4 JH, Stro, Baxter. Stro will eventually replace JH as starter. Just a matter of time.
    3 T-Mac, DA, Bowen. This is obvious. DA probably gets more minutes at the 2.
    2 Wesley, Luther, DA, JB. If Wesley's knee & shot don't recover, he moves to the bottom and DA starts for now.
    1 Skip, Head, Moochie. If Head is real, he'll get plenty of minutes as backup 1 & 2.

I'm leaving Sura out because I don't think he's coming back. If he comes back and stays healthy, JVG has some decisions to make.

We have 11 legit rotation players if Wesley comes around. It will take a lot of blowout wins to keep everyone sharp.