1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your tax dollars are funding this....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by brooksstephens, Feb 2, 2011.

1. brooksstephens

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. brooksstephens

Did you even open the link?

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Ahh, was this the conservative pro-life video of an undercover operation to make Planned Parenthood look bad? I heard about this a week or two ago and knew it was coming soon -- it had already been uncovered that they were doing this, and in fact, most Planned Parenthood locations at contacted the authorities that there were people selling child sex slaves.

Here's the article from a week ago: http://www.alternet.org/newsandview...miniscent_of_acorn_smear_campaign/#paragraph5

And you really believe Planned Parenthood knowingly assisted in what the pro-life group was trying to portray? If so, you're as gullible as they come.

Here's another article post-release of the video but with the knowledge that it was set up: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/us/02parenthood.html?_r=1

Have fun reading and becoming more intelligent! (hopefully)

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

My tax dollars fund tons of morally, ethically, socially, or economically detestable crap.

I mean, this is hardly news.

As the for the link, pardon me if I don't exactly trust the source or the story off the cuff; the obvious analogy being the ACORN videos...

EDIT: and Tschmal confirms my suspicions. Why are people so damn dumb?

6. Depressio

Indeed.

But the most amusing part? People still think those are real, logic/reality be damned.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Fake.

Planned Parenthood is awesome.

:)

8. rhadamanthus

[​IMG]

9. brooksstephens

Maybe I'm missing something key that these articles are explaining as I skimmed over them, but the original video admits that the "pimp" was acting. The response that the manager gave was real, no?

Please try to respond without personal attacks this time.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

there are several undercover videos like this from LiveAction.org. Some have the PP employee telling 15yr old girls to "just say he's your age" when the girl reveals her boyfriend is 33 and to visit other nearby states where the Planned Parenthood doesn't require a parental Ok to get an abortion - completely against federal law which requires immediate notification to the Proper authorities or agencies when statutory rape or molestation is suspected.

Before people get in a tizzy over my statement - I do believe that PP does a good thing in giving free medical examinations and distributing contraceptives etc..however they do make a LOT of money on abortions, and they will bend and sometimes break the law to perform them or to help or convice girls to have them. (as shown in some of LiveActions undercover videos) For more undercover videos you can visit LiveAction.org.

1 person likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No because, as others have posted, Planned Parenthood has been out in front of these O'Keefe wannabes for over a week - in fact they were out in front of it the moment they walked in the door whihc is why they called in the FBI.

Don't we have more important things to argue about than the provision hypothetical nonexistent legal abortion-related services for nonexistent hypothetical pregnant asian sex slave hookers - at the instigation of dumb knockoff wingnuts playing dressup and candid camera?

Honestly, the wingnut side of this nonexistent debate doesn't exactly look good either, sex slaves forced into prostitiution must be forced to carry their fetuses, effectively the product of rape, to term? Welcome to america! Try running a Gallup poll on that one and see where it gets you.

12. Depressio

The response was more that likely to a different question, just like the responses in the O'Keefe videos on ACORN. This group has been shown to go out of their way and out of the realm of ethics to try and shut down Planned Parenthood. According to PP, "the group had a history of using 'surreptitious videotaping and manipulative editing' in a campaign to destroy it."

We've seen this song-and-dance of video editing before. A group that willingly tries to do this kind of crap is fully and willfully capable of editing video to make it look bad. It's hilarious that you or anyone else think otherwise. I doubt I'll change my mind though -- people believe only what they want to, sometimes.

13. rhadamanthus

You're on a roll this morning. Dumb thread is dumb. Peace out.

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Yes, PP does notify authorities most of the time, but there are cases where it doesn't - LiveAction.org's video's has led to PP firing workers who skirted or ignored the laws - and in that those instances - it shows that LiveAction is having a positive effect on PP. That is a good thing - I consider them to be like a Watchdog - just keeping PP in line.

also, if you check out their website - they will often release the full unedited versions of all their videos as well

15. Depressio

Have they in this particular instance yet?

I acknowledge that some PP could possibly be stupid and willingly do something stupid, but until I see unediting video, I can't believe it. The Live Action organization is much to shady to just believe whatever video they put out is unedited.

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

LiveAction usually posts the entire UN-edited version to their website so you can check its authenticity - I haven't checked to see if this one is on there..but I've been forced to watch some of their other videos in their entirety, and they were indeed real and not "edited responses to different questions". They do this on purpose just so people can't accuse them of editorial editing.

17. brooksstephens

I beg you to watch this video. It doesn't matter how you edit the statements the the woman makes or what she was responding.. it is un-mistakable what she is trying to say.

PLEASE watch this video before replying with another condescending post towards me.

18. brooksstephens

Watch the video and THEN tell me it's fake. It's clearly not. Like I said, It doesn't matter how this video was chopped up or what questions she was actually responding to. The words that come out of her mouth alone are enough to get somebody fired for sure.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So why not release the full video?

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Planned Parenthood HAS fired people over LiveAction's videos in the past..they will invistigate themselves and determine the correct action. As an organization, they don't condone this behavior, but it does happen. I haven't seen this video yet, but I'm extremely familiar with Lila Rose's work (I've even spoken to her on the phone before) and I don't doubt its authenticity.