1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your School Sucks: The Flame Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

We've seen threads get derailed by (as Donny likes to call it) PeePee games. I've gone down the rabbit hole a number of times.

Let's just try a dedicated flame thread so the school threads can just focus on the program developments.

UH had some weird complex where they blame every problem in the world on UT and can't stop bringing them up in their own thread. However, they can't schedule any big 5 school because those schools fear losing to them.

UT is the only Texas school that has a championship in decades so "They hate us because they ain't us (Thanks Tinman). However, they should have won way more given their resources and they are avoiding scheduling UH because they're scared of losing.

Baylor is a dumpster fire that should be shut down or sanctioned to hell.

The Aggies obsession with Texas led them into a conference that they'll never win but it's better than staying in the crappy big 12.

Sam Houston who?

Texas Tech is... I don't know. I actually like Tech. They fill a stadium with rabid dogs. I say that after Crabtree ruined our 2008 season which sported a team that was better than the national championship team the next year. ****ing Blake Gideon.

Let's keep school threads clean. If we can have 3 threads dissusing the UH coach then we can have 1 to house the **** talking.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We're just happy to be in this thread at all. :)

Haymitch, DieHard Rocket and jbasket like this.
  4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Aggies hiss at games instead of boo. That's just weird.

(As a white olive edit, I did really enjoy the Aggie games I went to)

#4 jbasket, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Raiders throw tortillas don't they? Good practice for their future careers working at Freebirds.

[​IMG]

mtbrays likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

UT gets pumped full of cash to the point where they have to open up universities just for fun (UT-Houston) and then they crap out a national title on the back of a kid they couldn't even teach to spell his own name once every 50 years and think they are god's gift to the world.

A&M is full of mouthbreathing, circle-jerking rednecks yet still manage to love the smell of their own farts.

Tech is full of even scarier, angrier, dumber, less washed rednecks.

Baylor cannot stay relevant without either cheating or massive favors from friends in high places.

SMU fans wear sweaters and boatshoes to games.

TCU... I dunno. You're OK I guess. Edit: Nevermind, you're all cokeheads

#6 DonnyMost, Dec 15, 2016
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dude, they're in Dallas. Do it over!

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I tend to go easy on Fort Worthless...

9. Buck Turgidson

Yes, they're a bunch of dipsh!t tortilla tossing Sand Aggies. They make 5 drunk aggies sitting at the Dixie Chicken look like the freaking Algonquin Round Table.

UH, the most storied hoops program in the state, is 0-4 in the NCAA tourney since Guy Lewis retired. That was 30 years ago.

#9 Buck Turgidson, Dec 15, 2016
  10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

UH fans know that they will all die without seeing their team win a National Championship in any sport of relevance and this results in a deep-seeded inferiority complex towards the real programs in the state.

tinman likes this.
  11. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I've been in Fort Worth since June for grad school (not at TCU) and the people there have been nothing but friendly to me. A TCU alumni couple actually let me stay at their place until I got my apartment situation settled.

I even went to a burger place on TCU campus called Dutch's and they had pennants of all the SWC schools up. I thought that was cool!

Dallas/SMU on the other hand... there aren't many positive things to say about them.

EDIT: The Stig is cool tho

#11 ShutURBiG!, Dec 15, 2016
  12. The Stig

The Stig Member

SMU alum here. You're pretty much spot on.

I'll help you with TCU. Kids attend TCU because either they like the white stuff or they couldn't get into SMU.

13. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Makes me sad to read this but it's true :(

Things are looking up. At the very least, we won't accomplish much in a state-of-the-art arena, but at least it will look pretty.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And to be the only undefeated team in the regular season who went to the playoffs.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Polos and pleated pants.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not a single school in the great state (and fertile recruiting ground) of Texas is currently ranked in any of the top 25 college football polls.

Has this ever happened before? I thought breaking up the SWC was supposed to solve that.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It happened 50 years ago.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

UT sucks!

T-Yao likes this.
  19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Ziggy